View Full Version : Monarch Birmingham

1muppet
11th May 2006, 19:37
Any Monarch pilots at Birmingham care to tell how life is there? Have been offered a position on A320 but before I uproute my family, will it be any better or worse than my current orange employer?

What is the roster like, average hours worked,etc.

Thanks

pilotatlast
12th May 2006, 09:11
You'll have a good lifestyle but not as good money as orange land! Winter you'll do 5-10 flights a month summer(May-sept) you'll do 13-18 flights a month. Probably about 3-4 years to get on A330 and 6 years+ to command. No scheduling agreement, but bhx is fairly stable, great bunch of people to work with. Future????? me thinks going down the low cost route more and more so working harder and without sector pay, which needs to be addressed. more a/c arriving at bhx (but steadily, 1 a year) so overall bhx good base with Mon.

cornwallis
12th May 2006, 21:51
Imuppet I was just wondering when your start date is.We at Mon are losing a number of people to BA/VS and I had not heard that the company were running a 320 course.I am not sure whether you will be eligible for the 330 as the original deal for BHX basing excluded this-but the goalposts are never fixed at spotty M!:}

Banzai Eagle
13th May 2006, 09:36
The only good thing out of BHX is the road out of it!

pilotatlast
13th May 2006, 09:38
Regarding 330 and bhx there are no agreements that BHX pilots wont be eligible. It is alll done on seniority so regardless of your base, when your seniority comes up you get the opportunity.

Riker
13th May 2006, 15:59
I agree with Banzai Eagle - BHX is crapp in general in my opinion. You must not be based out of the London area for Easy - maybe Liverpool based.

RHINO
14th May 2006, 09:10
1muppet - You could ask Monarch for a relocation allowance to take the job. You need though to look very closely at what Monarch have to offer and compare it to where you will be assuming the new pay deal at Easy goes through. I would be interested to know how they compare.
If this potential move is for family, location, etc reasons fine but if it is to better your lot - tread carefully.