PDA

View Full Version : Tramon Air

fire
11th May 2006, 19:10
does any one have info on this operation?

nozzle
12th May 2006, 06:29
Ya howzt fire i used to work for them 2 years ago they operating the 2 G1 and aztec now they have a 727 and i believe they bought a 737 aswell if you looking at getting payed penuts go apply for a job there.The owner i do believe is imagrating so dont no who will be runnning the show there.

thayrd
14th May 2006, 16:43
seems getting paid peanuts not the only problem, heard via the grapevine that last month the crews were paid 2 weeks late and only got paid just before they had to do a flight.G1,s dont seem to flying at all and 727 didnt fly for about 6 weeks after flying cargo for saa. believe crews not very happy and some resigning. maintenance issues suspect and expect to work extrodinary long duty hours. assume the dawg owner will be running the business.would give this one a miss

thayrd
25th May 2006, 19:15
believe tramon now having problems with caa.have been stopped from operating and have withdrawn airworthy certificates. seems they really have problems.can now confirm one fe fired for expecting decent salary :ouch: and director didnt turn up at ccma today, fe hired at much lower salary, hence the firing of the first, now resigned! perhaps because he got paid 15 days late last month and hasnt been paid today:eek:

B Sousa
26th May 2006, 15:50
http://www.tramonair.com/

JG1
26th May 2006, 19:52
As most flights are on an ad-hoc basis, the owner apparently expects crews to fly wayy over duty when they happen, because they hadn't been flying for all the days before the flight. He claims to have been in the Soviet airforce and flown every MiG going, including the -25. Any comment?

nozzle
27th May 2006, 05:20
That owner is the biggest scrap yard in aviation.He must take his aircraft to a museum where they belong.

metalhead
30th May 2006, 06:18
This is interesting. This owner, is he the American or does he just work there? I have had some dealings with him and the company and something just doesn't fit. I get the feeling there is a con

B Sousa
30th May 2006, 14:43
"I get the feeling there is a con"
I couldnt resist.........This is Africa you really think that??

flighty727
5th Jul 2006, 19:13
I 've been invited for FE interview at great personal cost (live and work in EU) including medical. FE job was offered on the spot and expected to start in a few days. after 6 weeks still nothing further. He was on the brink of clinching a deal with KLM/ Kenya Airways. Also heard of short cuts to save cost on maintenance. Your comments make me worry gentlemen!!
Any fresh update?? PLEASE!!!

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Jul 2006, 08:07
Flighty

What Bert wrote just about covers it, I reckon...:(

TooBadSoSad
6th Jul 2006, 19:14
Tramon was flying their B727 freighter on contract for SAA Cargo. When SAA advised them that they were coming to audit their maintenance operations, Tramon gave up the contract. There's your answer on this operator!!

putt for dough
6th Jul 2006, 20:57
hmmm, sounds like another dodgy operator.
Lets get together boys/gals and stick together
and get rid of this nonsense.:* :(

we are one together!
enough of the dodgy MO FO'S:D :D

thayrd
8th Jul 2006, 13:26
flighty 727, would really give this one a miss.sure you havnt heard anything for 6 weeks, plane needs new engine and has no current airworthyness certificate. i would be very surprised if you've actually been paid or received a contract.

believe the sherriff of the court delivered a couple of summons's to tramon air about 2 weeks ago. so no doubt there will be further happenings in these matters in the near future.they are not people to be trusted.

fire
8th Jul 2006, 18:25
as i understand this, the american now running this "airline" is here on a visitors permit! how does he run a business and stay in the country indefinately? who is he bribing, the emigration officials at lanseria? wonder what sars would say about it?

flighty727
9th Jul 2006, 19:01
I was promptly threatened by legal action unless I publicly retract my statements! Thanks 4 all your input