PDA

View Full Version : Saab340 crew

Areweoffthegroundyet
11th May 2006, 17:59
For crew who work on both SF340 A and B models-Has any1 noticed?....
Emergency door/overwing exits - Some Saabs have hand grips half way down to assist with the jettison of the exit and some don't !
Am looking for any1 who operates on both variations so I can find out if they have different safety cards and placards on the variant a/c? or do all safetycards/placards show the use of a grip, even when there might not be one there?
:confused:

cosmogla
16th May 2006, 13:38
they all have the same safety cards - the handle isn't really needed - it's just there as an extra - hence they can get away with some not havin any!!

Areweoffthegroundyet
16th May 2006, 15:14
Cheers for that Cosmogla!
All our safety cards/placards on all our aircraft ...(some a/c with handles, some not).... make a point of including the handle as part of the removal process.
Did some extensive research. Found companies like REX , Crossair and Penair have all same cards too, however, their cards only make reference to the actual opening of the exit not the actual way to jettison the exit out therefore the handle whether there or not does not become an issue!
I think they are definitely better from a passengers point of view, as some of our frequently travellers notice and question why there is a handle on some and not others and the fact that the placards show the use of the handle!
You can see the long winter nights in my house just fly by.......