PDA

View Full Version : Best price for Jet-A1 in the UK?

Twiddle
11th May 2006, 17:42
What price are people paying for Jet-A1 and where?

Also, anybody purchasing their own, what sort of price are you paying, for how much, and does this include delivery?

I'm looking at installing a bowser in my field and buying my own Jet-A1, any idea what the requirements for this are, do I need some kind of storage license or can I store what I like provided its in something designed for the purpose?

Also, what about fuel checks for bacterial growth, anybody that stores their own, how often do you check and how, presumably you can buy testing kits?

I was hoping to get a bowser that would hold between 1000 and 2000 litres.

nigelh
11th May 2006, 17:56
Leeds Bradford Multiflight is the best i know, under 45p , no landing charge and a cup of coffee and sometimes even a biscuit !:ok:

EESDL
12th May 2006, 10:19
CAP 748
download from the caa web-site
Firms will have minimum delivery quantities - depends upon your area but Conoco best for N,NE

Head Turner
12th May 2006, 14:26
CYMA do deliveries to out of the way places, costs are more for this service.

For fuel quality assurance checks see CAP 748

EESDL
15th May 2006, 14:52
Belfast Aldergrove 14 May 06
42ppl
(ex vat)
Must admit - a tad out of the way to get it though!!!

nouseforaname
16th May 2006, 11:07
I keep Jet-A1 for an aircraft in a 600gal bowser which i bought from flightline. The bowser is ideal and easy to manouver. There is a drain tap to check for water and the main filling hole is pretty big. Big enough to put your head inside with a lighter to check for fungal growth. (Joke...please don't do that).

It's big enough to open up and put a torch into see for any fungal growth. Doub't you would get that unless you left it stationary for about a year.

TD

nigelh
16th May 2006, 12:08
how much per litre is it now with 500+ gallon delivery ? I would like a towable bowser that i could tow to the end of my drive when the lorry arrives, any going cheap /free ?!!!

outhouse
16th May 2006, 12:24
I have been researching aviation fuel prices in the US and have found a really great web site. It gives local area and supplier prices and is updated regularly by users. They will also e mail updates if requested, they also include a flight planning program to maximize best prices. I will check to see if the UK is included, and post the site address if yes.
outhouse