PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky

Tiger 77
11th May 2006, 14:02
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find or buy a copy of the drama series "Big Sky" shown on TV many years ago? I quite enjoyed watching it and haven't been able to find it anywhere recently.

Also does anyone know of any videos about Buffalo's or Super Guppy's? I find these aircraft very appealing.

Cheers,
Tiger.

Woomera
11th May 2006, 14:12
You're wun sick mutha:ok:

Ozgrade3
11th May 2006, 20:53
If anyone will have it will be the DVD store EZydvd

Checked their website and it has no listing for Big Sky.

You could try sending them an email

www.ezydvd.com.au

P.s Jimbo rocks

QNH1013.2
11th May 2006, 23:03
Nah, Gary Sweet was the star of that show. He was Swuite mate.

I'm racking my brains trying to think of the name of the charter mob that it was based on / around... It was something corny like Impulse or similar; probably no longer around.

It might be a little gay but I did like the intro song at the start. Lots of high pitched squeeling from memory.

While you're at it, see if they have the full series of Police Rescue. There will be a Police Rescue movie there somewhere too.

Those were the good old days of aviation and TV. When gay meant happy and a 172 cost $120 an hour dual.

Howard Hughes
11th May 2006, 23:36
I thought they used aircraft from Airtex could be mistaken though, it was a very long time ago.

On a recent flight from Sydney I got chatting to a woman next to me who was a production assistant on Big Sky, she had some great stories to tell...;)

Poor Jimbo, from the lofty heights of fictitious chieftan driver, he's now reduced to doing Playschool!!

apache
11th May 2006, 23:36
It was a drama series was it ?

For all these years, I had been thinking it was a comedy.

puff
11th May 2006, 23:39
They were Airtex Chieftans and it was filmed in the old Oxley/Impluse hanger in Sydney. Show was great for a laugh!