PDA

View Full Version : Robin HR200 Hire anywhere in the world!

flightdeckwannabe
11th May 2006, 10:51
I've done the majority of my PPL on PA-28s and Robin HR200s and much prefer the HR200. I'm looking to do my hours building on the Robin as well as was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that I could get some cheap hours on this type. I don't care where in the world it is. The cheapest I can get in the UK is about £90 per hour but I'm sure there has to be somewhere cheaper!

felixflyer
11th May 2006, 11:47
Hi

I also did my PPL on the Robin and have converted to the PA-28 for the extra passenger capability. I still love flying the robin though and will probably do the rest of my hour building on the robin.

There was a share available in Bristol Filton which seemed very reasonable i dont know whether this is something you have considered. It was advertised in the magazines and was bright yellow if i remember rightly.

Regards

Felix

flightdeckwannabe
11th May 2006, 11:58
A share is definitely something I'd consider. At the moment I can just about squeeze enough out of my wallet to do my final 80 hours of hour building on the Robin I'm currently using, but only if I do my IR at Aerodynamics in Malaga before I do my CPL at Stapleford.

felixflyer
11th May 2006, 12:05
I know the feeling. I also have 80 hours to build.

I will try and dig the number out of my back issues. I think the share was £2000 or something and i was tempted but it is too far from me in Bradford.

wingedwilliam
11th May 2006, 13:01
Hi there!

2 HR200 are available at a friendly flying club near Paris (85 € per hour). Please PM me if interested.

WW.

Dct_Bombi
12th May 2006, 00:12
Just google the Leinster aero club in Dublin ( Weston Airport )
Its a flying club so you gotta pay the joining fee of something like 500euro or whatever and then rental is 80>90 euro per hour, good availability and in immaculate condition. EI-YLG formely G-BYLG HR-200

flightdeckwannabe
12th May 2006, 01:23
Thanks DCT, I've fired an email off in their direction! Sounds ideal!

IMC007
15th May 2006, 21:08
Flightdeckwanabee

I suppose you've looked at Northamptonshire School of Flying they have 2 Robin HR200's and although thier solo rates are about £106 they do a regular flyer programme were you pay a certain amount per month (I can't remember how much now) and then you get the frequent flyer rate of £71. If you're hour building and only take a couple of months to do it then even if it costs £100 per month it will still work out cheaper then the £90 you have suggested or indeed the 80-90 euros quoted in the other posts.

Give them a go if you haven't already tried them, ask for Lucy, very good outfit and both aircraft are very nice, shame I moved away from their area, good luck.

EGBKFLYER
16th May 2006, 13:40
Further to IMC's post - NSoF website is www.nsof.co.uk

Click on the 'aircraft hire' section and then the discount scheme, where all is explained...

As an aside - why are you so attached to an HR200? Why not expand your horizons and try some other types. Might make the hours building a bit more interesting and widen your experience.

Good luck