PDA

View Full Version : Rooms downroute

misslouise
11th May 2006, 10:15
Hi! :O

I was just wondering if VS cabin crew shared rooms downroute, or if you stay in individual rooms?

S-crew'd
11th May 2006, 12:04
Some end up sharing rooms but each crew member starts out with their own room at the beginning of each trip :} :}

ABird747
11th May 2006, 15:53
:O Oh matron...

sukigirl
11th May 2006, 20:28
Just curious as to why your asking misslouise. Are there some airlines that do make their crew share rooms?

fourplay
12th May 2006, 16:23
Errr, I'd like a bit a crumpet :} :} :}

mutt
12th May 2006, 16:32
Are there some airlines that do make their crew share rooms
Yes.

Mutt

T4Turtle
12th May 2006, 19:12
I recall being told that a member of cabin crew arrived back to their room slightly the worse for wear after copious amounts of alcohol, heating full on and in the morning woke to find an awful stench in her room. After an efferecent salt drink to clear the head she investigated the smell as it was getting so bad and found under the bed.........a dead body.:eek:

cabingal
13th May 2006, 10:59
Not sure whether to believe that one!!! What country was this in?:\

T4Turtle
13th May 2006, 19:54
This happened in Lagos a couple of years ago.

cabingal
14th May 2006, 08:42
Oh, maybe I do believe it then!:sad:

Rainboe
14th May 2006, 14:30
Turtle- may be an element of truth from long ago, but this one has been in the halls of airline folklore for at least 35 years that I know of! At least as long as 'Hostess! I want something for my throat- now!' (stewardess brings knife......and aspirin under a napkin......I'm sure you know it!)

SuperBoy
30th May 2006, 00:04
I know that a few years ago the same thing, dead body under a bed, happened at Myt.

Ever since the incident the poor girl carried a tennis ball with her, which she rolled underneath the bed every time she checked in to a hotel room.

Don't really blame her. :bored:

However she doesn't fly anymore.

Must've lost her tennis ball. :p

pinkus
30th May 2006, 02:10
It is so an urban legend. Unless you know the girl personally I very much doubt it. It supposedly happened at my airline in Bangkok. Always "my friend said she knows them"

apaddyinuk
30th May 2006, 06:49
Yeah Superboy, and Iv heard about 20 different versions of the exact same story all involving crew from the various airlines I have worked for.

cabincrewmember
30th May 2006, 12:28
Ive heard that VS share rooms is this true on most trips?????? BA dont do that @ LGW do they??????:ugh: :{

SuperBoy
30th May 2006, 13:24
I don't know the girl personally, though I know a girl that was on the same crew.

She had no reason to lie to me + the story had to start somewhere.

Admittedly it could've been a 'lil white lie. :(

glamourgirl!
30th May 2006, 23:41
i can assure you virgin crew all get allocated there own room.

Crew Use Only
9th Jun 2006, 14:20
LOL I've been flying 10 years and that story has been around all that time - I heard they roll an orange under the bed now to check for anyone/anything hidden.... I heard it was in Africa - Lagos??!!

Yeah the combination of hot sunshine beautiful destinations and - above all - alcohol (!) mean crew often end up sharing rooms ...