PDA

View Full Version : LGW HERE I COME!!!!!

banewboi
11th May 2006, 09:07
my bags are packed, my uniform is handed in, my id has been given to security and the goodbye email has been sent,

my room is ready, my train ticket is ready to pick up and i'm leavin it all behind!

i'm on my to ba ef lgw and i can't wait!

SEE YOU SOON GUYS!

flyblue
11th May 2006, 09:37
Good move banewboi :ok:

ezybus
11th May 2006, 12:49
Why's that such a good move flyblue??????

TightSlot
11th May 2006, 14:19
Because it appears to make him happy, if that's all OK with you!!! He's happy - we're happy - everybody's happy - except you apparently...

Chill out.

xana
11th May 2006, 17:43
congrats banewboi!! i wish you well.. pity i wasn't fortunate enough to get a job offer from ba at my interview but oh well, i'll keep trying!
enjoy!!! :D :ok:

ezybus
11th May 2006, 18:07
tightslot - as a moderator, i feel you have the wrong attitude for this title. I would like an appology for that attack against my statement, and suggest u should refrain from posting personal attacks.

ABird747
11th May 2006, 19:22
Seemed fairly justified from where I was sitting...

Tony Flynn
11th May 2006, 19:32
7 posts and ezybus wants to run the place, wind yer neck in!

ezybus
11th May 2006, 20:43
I still deserve the right to be spoken to like an adult and as a member of this forum site, should not be subjected to insults by a moderator

bigflaps
11th May 2006, 20:49
ezybus - could you be jeliouse?????:{

TightSlot
11th May 2006, 22:02
ezybus - You haven't been insulted, at any point by any one: But you chose to snipe at my friend flyblue, and then me. You were asked to chill out. You now have a 48hr PPRuNe ban to provide you with the time to do so. Come back to us in 2 days, older, and wiser. Until then, then...

angels
12th May 2006, 07:23
Nice one folks!

Best of luck banewboy. :)

Rainboe
12th May 2006, 07:43
Ezybus, if you are a new boy, you should be aware Pprune can get quite boisterous, but at the end of the day, it is a chat forum and sometimes it's better not to take offence. I really can't see anything out of order in this thread, perhaps you are being a bit over-sensitive? You do need a certain amount of thick skin here, but better everybody talks openly and says what they think (without descending into personal attacks). Just let it all wash over you and join the affray with gusto (trying not to get banned, but as close to it as you can!).

lgw30
12th May 2006, 08:03
banewboi welcome to ba lgw its a great base u will have some fun see u out there

Tony Flynn
12th May 2006, 08:20
ezybus - could you be jeliouse?????:{

Flaps - could you spell it?????? lol

flybywire
15th May 2006, 07:46
Welcome on board banewboi!!!!!!!!

Fasten your seatbelt tightly....it is going to be an amazing CRAZY ride......you'll love it! :ok:

FBW:E :E

naughtybutnice
20th May 2006, 13:08
:D I CURRENTLY WORK FOR BA GROUND STAFF LHR AND AM JOINING MIDFLEET LGW IN JULY CANNOT WAIT AND BOY ITS GONNA BE FUN ON THOSE CARIBBEAN ROUTES AND THOSE EUROPEAN DEST....

GUYS DONT GO FOR EF LHR IF IT EVER COMES OUT U DONT WANT TO DO STUGGART OVERNIGHTS FLY TO SMELLY ISTANBUL ETC.. INSTEAD U WANT BGI,MBJ,UVF,DFW,IAH,ATL,TPA,MCO,KIN,TBA, ALL THOSE ROUTES THE MONEY ISNT ALL THAT FROM WHAT I HEARD BUT WITH RUMOURS IM HEARING IN THE TERMINALS AND CONTACTS AT EF AND WW FLEET LHR UNIONS ARE FIGHTING FOR LGW MIDFLEET 2B PAID ALL THE SAME AS LHR CREW AND ITS ALL EVENTUALLY GOIN 2B MOVED TO TERMINAL 5 WHEN IT OPENS
:ok:
WOHOOOOOOOOOO

flybywire
20th May 2006, 13:34
Naughtybutnice welcome to LGW!

You'll have a ball.........I am sure you'll enjoy every minute of it.

However, that the LGW operations will move to T5...this isn't sure and to be honest never heard of it. They're still working on the Gatwick Fleet T&C, so I woldn't jump so far ahead......

If what you say is correct, it'll take AGES.....

I honestly hope it won't happen, as I cannot see myself stuck on the M25 every bloody day!!! LGW is such a good airport, and people are really friendly.....the majority of our ground staff are excellent, we all know one another and take care of each other...if you know what I mean!!
T5 would make things much more impersonal.

However, I hope you will enjoy your training course and see you online in a few months!!!

Ciao

FBW:)

flybywire
20th May 2006, 13:52
Let's move on, people........

flybywire
20th May 2006, 14:05
Listen...

This is just a forum and Mods are here to keep it clean and respectful.
They have been doing this job for ages and certainly know what is acceptable and what is not.
I don't even want to be bothered to go back and read the original reason why you are so upset to bring up something that happened a while ago, as I think that it's a forum (we all should have a life outside the cyberworld) and I come here to exchange thoughts with people who are interested in the job, and not in picking this and arguing about that.

To answer your question, no, I have posted over 400 posts here and I've never had any kind of problem.

Now, would you please let go......

FBW

(reply to DJTibby's disappeared post)

DJTibby
20th May 2006, 14:11
:) I still feel sorry for ezybus, perhaps I missed something..:confused:
:D congratulations banewboi:)

naughtybutnice
20th May 2006, 14:29
flybywire

where do you work then???

about the T5 thing its all too do with open skies and it will all eventually come to T5,everyone at BA LHR knows of it and I went to the fit for 5 and there was a mention of it there... For me id be so happy it would be nearer to home as I live 10mins from LHR and i have to do the M25 unfortunately:ugh: ...

Does anyone know how long the wait for transfer to LHR is????????:)

ozangel
20th May 2006, 14:38
so everyone else can be brutally honest, but the mods cant?

They have a hard enough job as it is in here without people cutting them down...

flyblue and tightslot, dont let these people get to u, u do a great job and im sure im not the only one who appreciates it!

DJTibby
20th May 2006, 15:01
the mods can say what they like as long as it isn't a personal attack against someone. I don't see anyone cutting them down here... ezybus thought he was attacked. I guess theres two sides to the fence:)
and the mods don't let people get to them, if theres a problem they just ban, simple!:)

banewboi
21st May 2006, 11:26
OH MY GOD!!!!!

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!

From my previous airline it's like working for a whole different industry, the standards, the professionalism, the attitudes everythin, it's amazing!

for all out there considering ba, for me it's perfect and i can't believe i wasted so much time in making the descision!!!

wiggy
21st May 2006, 12:03
Sounds like the BA rumour mill is going flat out and you've been the victim of some of it...don't plan on all BA's work being out of LHR for a very long time, if ever . As others have said, even if T5 was big enough to cope with all of BA's LHR and LGW flights there simply are not enough take-off and landing slots i.e. runway "space" to cope.....
OTOH I'd rather work at LGW than LHR...good luck wherever you end up.

flybywire
21st May 2006, 12:36
Sounds like the BA rumour mill is going flat out and you've been the victim of some of it...don't plan on all BA's work being out of LHR for a very long time, if ever . As others have said, even if T5 was big enough to cope with all of BA's LHR and LGW flights there simply are not enough take-off and landing slots i.e. runway "space" to cope.....
OTOH I'd rather work at LGW than LHR...good luck wherever you end up.

True!! Everybody has their opinions and the LGW ops going to T5 is only an opinion of one of the members here.

God knows what can happen. Please guys do not take speculations as if they were extracts from the Bible (or Quran, or whatever!!!!!)

I am glad you're enjoying it banewboi. I knew it ;)

yellowdog
21st May 2006, 15:56
Congrats banewboi,

Glad you like it.

Are you on-line yet or still training?

Look forward to flying with you soon, we need some happy positive people to make those long days go quickly.

Good luck and welcome.

yellowdog
21st May 2006, 16:07
flybywire

where do you work then???

about the T5 thing its all too do with open skies and it will all eventually come to T5,everyone at BA LHR knows of it and I went to the fit for 5 and there was a mention of it there... For me id be so happy it would be nearer to home as I live 10mins from LHR and i have to do the M25 unfortunately:ugh: ...

Does anyone know how long the wait for transfer to LHR is????????:)

NBN,

I know the company want some of the routes from LGW to transfer to LHR, especially the IAH and from what I understand open-skies MAY be signed in October, but the issue is slots and terminal space.

To say that all the work will eventually come to LHR is slightly naive. Firstly would BA hand LGW over to EZY when SH has just started making money and leave themselves no pressure valve for when things get tight at LHR. Secondly where are BA going to find 150 slots a day for the work to be transfered. When the third runway is built then perhaps there is a possibility, but until then work may go and work will come.

As for the pay, it has already been signed that we will be paid our hourly rate just as we are at the moment. The common opinion is that are allowances will be slightly more than WW at the moment. The basic will be less though, especially for higher grades.

Look forward to flying with you though.

jettesen
22nd May 2006, 17:07
The LGW ops will be transformed into BA CONNECT by next year, all long haul will go to T5.

FLYBYWIRE - wannabee moderator me thinks:}

naughtybutnice
22nd May 2006, 17:16
thats rubbish most of it is being moved to LHR T5 and im constantly hearing rumours it will all eventually be at T5 when all the terminals open A,B AND C Along with the T3...

I know some of you say otherwise but LHR operations:D all know of it and I went to Fit for 5 with Willie Walsh there.... It will take years but we at LHR know it will happen...

I really hope so cos T5 will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

WeLieInTheShadows
22nd May 2006, 22:09
I give up....:ugh:

Anti-ice
23rd May 2006, 01:35
I heard that out of all the current crew at LGW WW , only TWO have not put their name down to transfer out to LHR before the new T's and C's are bestowed upon them :eek:

apaddyinuk
23rd May 2006, 02:08
thats rubbish most of it is being moved to LHR T5 and im constantly hearing rumours it will all eventually be at T5 when all the terminals open A,B AND C Along with the T3...

I know some of you say otherwise but LHR operations:D all know of it and I went to Fit for 5 with Willie Walsh there.... It will take years but we at LHR know it will happen...

I really hope so cos T5 will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Your so full of that stuff that comes out of ones A-hole!!!
Im in LHR too and I have not heard anything of the such. Perhaps the IAH's/DFW's and ATL's will come up and at a stretch the BGI's and BDA's but there is no way even with T5C that we can fit the entire LGW EF into LHR!!! Also the newer routes served out of LGW have been specially selected for the LGW demographic as opposed to LHR.
T5C will not give enough scope for BA to expand significantly even if we do keep a small number of flights in T3 after it opens. I think you are just being a Troll trying to rile everyone up.
I too have met Willie (for the umpteenth time considering I worked for him elsewhere) and had the pleasure of asking him about LGW whilst on a flight down to SYD recently. He said that if LGW do start to make a profit then he has big plans to expand there so I dont know where you get the impression that your Fit For 5 was any different. But then a small number of you ground staff do seem to be the source of all gossip within BA, I know cos my other regularly comes home from work in T1 full of endless tripe that he claims is gods truth!

flyer83
23rd May 2006, 09:16
He said that if LGW do start to make a profit then he has big plans to expand there

Don't just leave it at that, galley FM has been very quiet recently.. ;)

flybywire
23rd May 2006, 09:42
The LGW ops will be transformed into BA CONNECT by next year, all long haul will go to T5.

Jettesen....I am glad you got the point of my previous post! :hmm:
Besides you work for another airline so really shouldn't make any comments about things that you don't know at all.
We have a CLEAR business plan (made by people who are the best in the business) which is very explicative and gives us details on the future of short haul operations out of LGW. If you had had the clever idea to read the papers before writing this post you'd know that BA made lots of money this year and that SH operations are in fact profitable as they are at the moment!

Guys do not take these speculations into consideration.....they are, in fact, only speculations made by somebody who is trying to irritate people who probably are in a better position than him/herself.

The new Gatwick fleet will be great....stunning new B777 aircraft, great destinations and, above all, really good and fun people who worked really hard during SH for years and now cannot wait to be lying in the sun for a change and having a BALL!! Unlike some other airlines "b****ing" is very uncommon. :)

Guys do not forget....at LGW promotion can be very quick, if a career in the airline business is what you want and you're good at your job (and show some kind of understanding of our business!!) you could become a purser with 2 years' flying for BA or 1 year flying for BA + 1 year with another carrier. :ok:

WLITS........I know the feeling!!!:ugh:

Paddy...you're so right! I have a friend in CS at LGW who always tells me the most outrageous and ridiculous gossip!! Maybe they have too much spare time to play with while at work ;);) (no offence intended!) BTW They should stop calling it Galley FM and start calling it Check-in FM!! ;) :}

FBW:E

apaddyinuk
23rd May 2006, 12:38
Don't just leave it at that, galley FM has been very quiet recently.. ;)

Why would I say anymore when I was not told anymore. I dont spread Galley FM, I say what I have been told by the "reliable" source (in this case the CEO) and not what I have been told by a bus driver or disgruntled A5 in the terminals. Rememeber the key word in what Willie told me...."IF" LGW makes a profit!!!

cabincrewmember
23rd May 2006, 12:48
Hello

I work for BA for over 5years and have finished my training at LGW for 'onefleet'.. I have heard the wait for LHR EF is years and years and with me having the years service I dont qualify just yet for being transferred yet.. So here is a plan which would get you transferred in NO TIME..

-Once BA hire again for EF LHR it should be advertised in the ejobscan posting on the intranet just apply that way you wil have to go thru the same process interview etccccccc... the advantage is thats the quicker way...

With the transfer system remember u lose you crew date of joining anyway once u transfer over so at least then this way will keep u your COMPANY D.O.J

Soooo what do you think?? Many people are doing it this way and heard EF LHR will be out next year!!!:D

flyer83
23rd May 2006, 13:01
Ok Apaddy, I always think these things are worth a try!

And cabincrewmember, i've not heard of anyone doing that the way you describe. As far as I know if you do that you will have to leave ba in order to come in again at the bottom of the pile at LHR, not only with your crew date but also with your company date of joining.

I think its sad that people who are just joining are already working out how to transfer out of LGW. Its a great place to work and you might well enjoy it, but i'd question why you or anyone who wants to be at LHR that badly would join LGW in the first place?

yellowdog
23rd May 2006, 16:11
Hello

I work for BA for over 5years and have finished my training at LGW for 'onefleet'.. I have heard the wait for LHR EF is years and years and with me having the years service I dont qualify just yet for being transferred yet.. So here is a plan which would get you transferred in NO TIME..

-Once BA hire again for EF LHR it should be advertised in the ejobscan posting on the intranet just apply that way you wil have to go thru the same process interview etccccccc... the advantage is thats the quicker way...

With the transfer system remember u lose you crew date of joining anyway once u transfer over so at least then this way will keep u your COMPANY D.O.J

Soooo what do you think?? Many people are doing it this way and heard EF LHR will be out next year!!!:D

cabincrewmember,

I think you are being misled, or are trying to mislead others.

One person, about three years ago, managed to slip through the system this way. Since then management has put a ban on this happening.

EVERYONE, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GO FROM LGW TO EFLHR IS TO JOIN OUR TRANSFER LIST. :ugh: :ugh:

At the moment transfers are put on hold, and until the Gatwick Fleet is up and running it is unlikely to happen. I say unlikely but rumour mill is saying it may happen this year.

I can see it happening to clear the list of the few ex EOG people that still haven't been given the chance to go. They have been waiting at least four years, FOUR YEARS PEOPLE. That may give you some idea of how long you may need to wait.

Everyone please ask before you start posting.

yellowdog
23rd May 2006, 16:16

Jettesen,

That's interesting, for someone with such information, could you possibly tell me what I'm going to be doing next yeat then? Will I be working for BA Connect or be working at LHR? I'm unsure as I will be doing both LH and SH next year.

Please help

cabincrewmember
23rd May 2006, 16:47
that will NEVER happen BA CONNECT LGW.. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS dont listen!!! :=

Its a fact with the applying its done fairly then cos your with external candidates and it happens all the time do not wait for transfers cos apparently only 7 transfer yearly!!!:ok:

flyer83
23rd May 2006, 16:50
I think someone is trying to wind someone up here.

Cabincrewmember that is as you titled your post 'rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.' :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

naughtybutnice
23rd May 2006, 16:59
I havent heard of BA connect going to LGW but I have also known of transfering by applying thru internal job post.. and spoken to some crew who did transfer this way so there are ways of slipping past remember recruitment they have mickey mouses working there...they arent BA staff but contractors!!!

take care:ok:

yellowdog
23rd May 2006, 17:04
Its a fact with the applying its done fairly then cos your with external candidates and it happens all the time do not wait for transfers cos apparently only 7 transfer yearly!!!:ok:

I suppose this warrants a reply:sad:

ccm please supply people and dates cos there are loads of people at LGW that would do this tomorrow.

where did you get the 7 a year figure from. If anyone wants the real figures year by year PM me.

do you work at EUFLGW? come on give as facts. I presume not because if you did you would find that, as I said, one person has done it that way. We sit outside the NSP so it can't be a transfer. The only way left is to leave then reapply in six months as a new entrant.

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

flybywire
23rd May 2006, 17:22
originally posted by Yellowdog Jettesen,

That's interesting, for someone with such information, could you possibly tell me what I'm going to be doing next yeat then? Will I be working for BA Connect or be working at LHR? I'm unsure as I will be doing both LH and SH next year.

Please help

YD...do not even bother to ask that...you're wasting your time here...:{ APPARENTLY the posts we've read so far suggest that we will be flying Short Haul out of LGW under BAConnect brand and LH out of T5 under Mainline brand. Then we will be flying on the 737-300/400/500 plus 777-200 (with possible 747-400 training so that we can rescue WWLHR flights when their crew run out of hours) and we'll be abilitated to fly on the ARJ, the EMB145 and even the Dash8. We will be "UK based" so that they can call us out of standyby to operate a SH trip out of BHX or LCY or whatever airport they fancy. You name it, we do it. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

There are people here who don't even work for the company (so are not able to access sources like the company Intranet, for example, not to mention OOF days) who claim to know it all, when they probably don't even know that BAConnect is a fully-owned SUBSIDIARY company of BA (with their own managers, planes, routes, T&C etc) and not just another BA fleet. :ugh:

I have never read so much nonsense and non-information about BA on pprune as in the last few days! Considering that this site is visited by new recruits or potential new recruits, posting misleading information isn not fair on them!! :{

naughtybutnice
23rd May 2006, 17:24
is it possible for you to pm me info on transfers bcos one person says this other says that and where do you work too???

Greatly appreciated

:ok:

flybywire
23rd May 2006, 17:27
The only way left is to leave then reapply in six months as a new entrant.
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

CORRECT!!!!!!! A guy on my training course was so miserable from day1, he wanted to be at LHR and kept moaning, moaning.... so he did JUST that, left EFLGW and re-applied for EFLHR. And guess what? After his second interview, they didn't offer him the job!!!! :D :uhoh:

I hope he learnt the lesson.:ugh:

SuperBoy
29th May 2006, 00:29
I can't wait to start at LGW EF/1 Fleet in three weeks time. I currently work for BMED but would much rather have sh and lh. I don't think it gets any better than that. Also the bidding system, It sound to good to be true.

I used to work for a charter company out of lgw and prefer it a million times over LHR.

Holding into LHR has become the bane of my life or waiting 3.5hrs for a high lift after you've done a 14 hour duty, if/when you end up on a remote stand, due to the fact that there are only 2 High Lifts for the entire LHR.

I can't wait and I for one wouldn't want to transfer to LHR (erm.. well I don't think so, haha, :}:}:})

I hope I get to fly with ppl who want to be at lgw and not those who moan about not being at lhr, but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure.

For the first time in a few years i'm actually looking forward to flying and also looking forward to the training course, hehe, sad but true. :):):):):)

naughtybutnice
29th May 2006, 13:14
I can't wait to start at LGW EF/1 Fleet in three weeks time. I currently work for BMED but would much rather have sh and lh. I don't think it gets any better than that. Also the bidding system, It sound to good to be true.

I used to work for a charter company out of lgw and prefer it a million times over LHR.

Holding into LHR has become the bane of my life or waiting 3.5hrs for a high lift after you've done a 14 hour duty, if/when you end up on a remote stand, due to the fact that there are only 2 High Lifts for the entire LHR.

I can't wait and I for one wouldn't want to transfer to LHR (erm.. well I don't think so, haha, :}:}:})

I hope I get to fly with ppl who want to be at lgw and not those who moan about not being at lhr, but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure.

For the first time in a few years i'm actually looking forward to flying and also looking forward to the training course, hehe, sad but true. :):):):):)

Whens ya training course then?????????????

SuperBoy
29th May 2006, 14:17
Starting on 19th June

flybywire
29th May 2006, 19:14
welcome onboard SuperBoy........enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!! It might be bumpy at times but one thing is cetain, you'll always get where you want to, as you will be given the choice to choose the route that is best for you!!! :ok::)

FBW;)

PS: we already have some ex-BMED crew at EFLGW and they're having a good time!! :ok:

broadabroad
29th May 2006, 21:17
Hi all!

Based at ORY w EZY. I've been hired on for LGW EF and am really looking forward to starting. Can't start before August though so waiting on a training date. I've heard some rumours that we won't be doing some of the LH destinations we were told we would do :uhoh: but I'm still pretty excited about seeing what life with BA is like. I wanted to move home to Vancouver but this opportunity is a 'not to be missed' I think, so I'm going to try it on....A little apprehensive but I'm sure it will go well!

A quick question, I'm just putting feelers out....I have no car so when I move to the UK I want to live somewhere where I can take the train into work. I would ultimately prefer Brighton just to be near the ocean! (I miss it in Paris!)....is it feasible even for the super earlies out of LGW? And for getting in from the lates?

Would appreciate any advice!!

Cheers,
Broad

apaddyinuk
30th May 2006, 07:08
Hi Broadabroad,

I was based in LGW WW until recently before moving to LHR and I lived in Brighton. I had a car which I used to drive the 25 minutes or so up to LGW. But pretty much anywhere around Brighton is handy for work as long as your not far from a train station. The only problem is I dont know how early the trains start so you may be stuck for some earlys. But there are so many crew living down that way that once you have found your feet Im sure you could arrange some sort of car share for earlies.

Good luck and enjoy, Dont let Flybywire push you around too much!!! :E

TFlyguy
30th May 2006, 07:31
Not sure of timings but National Express coaches run earlier than the 1st trains

cabincrewmember
30th May 2006, 12:25
Not sure of timings but National Express coaches run earlier than the 1st trains

I find that national express coaches are VERY VERY expensive!!:sad:

flybywire
30th May 2006, 12:33
you can get a Seasonal Staff card which gives you up to 30% off with National Express.
It's the same with BritishRail, you can get any kind of discount card, it all depends on your age and if it convenient for you.

I know lots of people who live in Brighton and fly for us. The first check-in in the morning is 0500 in the summer and between 0530 and 0600 in the winter.

TFlyguy
30th May 2006, 15:20
Didnt say National Express was ideal I said it was an option for earlies! :)

ezybus
30th May 2006, 15:55
EZY have negotiated a deal with national express from brighton. Its only £1.50 return per day. You should get your airline to do the same

yellowdog
30th May 2006, 17:52
guys,

i seem to remember someone at work the other day saying that the national express from brighton was much cheaper than the train and runs from 0400 everyday. I think the price was around £4/£5 but the old brain is not as good at remembering as it was:rolleyes:

yd