PDA

View Full Version : NZ "C" CAT

eagle206
11th May 2006, 09:00
HI THERE

JUST WANTING ANY INFO ON NZ "C" CAT COURSES WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO OBTAIN ONE?

MANY THANKS
EAGLE 206

Oktas8
11th May 2006, 09:58
Answer: where you want to get work.

To clarify, get a c-cat after figuring out where you want to work as an instructor (how busy are they, how much do they pay, are you going for top-of-the-market or will any old aero club do, do you want a career or a step into turboprops, etc).

On another note, PLEASE TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF. Thanks.

Best of luck in your search :ok:
O8

ZK-DAN
11th May 2006, 10:12
The South Island schools are good (Nelson Aviation College, Canterbury Aero Club, Mainland etc). If you want hours in a hurry go for the bigger Flying schools. Aero Clubs and Flying Clubs are good for variety and networking. Pro's and Con's for both.

skywagon
12th May 2006, 03:19
Gidday Dan

Foget the sausage factories , go somewhere medium sized where theres plenty of action but where youre not up against 200 other guys wanting a bite of the pie!

If you are in the Christchurch area go to The Christchurch Flying School @Wigram. I hear they put through a C cat just a couple of weeks ago and already he works 3 solid days a week. Good bunch of guys and theres plenty of scope for career advancement with a twin online now.

Good Luck

Skywagon

ZK-DAN
12th May 2006, 04:24
Nah-it's not for me. It's for 'im! I've got one already! :ok:

Cloud Cutter
12th May 2006, 05:19
New Plymouth could be worth a look.