PDA

View Full Version : FAA Aviation Examination

11th May 2006, 05:25
I am interested in a career in aviation as a pilot but i need to pass the FAA Aviation Exam. I am unsure if I would pass all the physical requirements for being a pilot. About 3 years ago I did marijuana and they had adverse effects on me. I needed to go on medication through a psichiatrist for 6 months, but I am perfectly healthy now. I experienced paranoia. Will i pass the mental health part of the FAA examination after my experience with marijuana? What I want to know if there are any pilots who are on medication for mild mental issues and are still able to fly professionally? Someone please respond and help me out.

LostAndFound
11th May 2006, 07:04
paranoid:oh: mild mental issues:uhoh: Have a safe flight:zzz:

richie-rich
11th May 2006, 10:27
i once posted a similar thread as a gesture of help for a friend who was in a similar situation as you are.

Bygone's are bygones. are you still having paranoia? i have had my FAA medical done in 2000 and dont recall a "mental health part." Are you under any medication NOW??? has the problem been resolved/not?

i am not a doctor (obviously!!!) but i dont think it would be any problem if your condition is normal NOW. it would be naive not to expect a joint once or twice in everyones life. but since you were on medication, i wouldnt mind telling the AME a bit about the history and the max he can do is ask you to do a check up which would result just fine. 3 years is a long time for marijuana to drain out of one's body.

all the best and happy flying!
richie

INSIDEVIEW
11th May 2006, 11:02
IM SCARED!!

slim_slag
11th May 2006, 11:52
the max he can do is ask you to do a check up which would result just fineHe can do more than that. He can decline to issue you with a medical and refer you to HQ in Oklahoma City. With a couple of years drug free and a sympathetic psychiatrist who will write to say it's all behind you now, and the only problems you had were related to the marijuana, then OKC may issue one. If you lie on your form and tell them you haven't had this problem then they will be a lot nastier when they find out. What you really need to ask is whether an airline will hire you.