PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen Connections

1DC
10th May 2006, 19:49
I have just got a new pc with a nice flat screen monitor, the back of the screen has connections for DVI and D-SUB, the pc box has the same. Connectors for both DVI and D-SUB are provided but the package seeems to work very well with just the DVI connected, should I connect D-SUB as well or have i been just lucky in connecting DVI first??
Any help would be appreciated..

spannersatcx
10th May 2006, 20:15
You got lucky.:eek:

Some graphics cards have 2 connectors, DVI and D-Sub. DVI gives the better quality etc. So this would be the preferred choice.

Depending on the card you'll probably find that should you wish to do so you can add a 2nd monitor using the D-Sub connector, but check the documentation first.:ok:

Saab Dastard
10th May 2006, 20:42
Driving a digital display e.g. LCD screen you should always use DVI if available.

DVI stands for Digital Visual Interface.

Driving a digital display with the D-Sub means you would be translating the original digital video signal to analog, sending it to the screen and translating it back to digital!

For best results, use the screen at its native resolution using the DVI interface.

1DC
10th May 2006, 20:45
Thankyou very much, guys.. I knew that i would get a fast response on this forum.It is worth it's weight in gold to dumbo's like me.....