PDA

View Full Version : BA Lounge use at LHR

Ozzy
10th May 2006, 18:34
In July I am traveling to LHR in Club on BA, arriving T4. I then will be traveling many hours later from LHR to LUX on Luxair from T2. I need to get my Luxair boarding pass upon transferring from T4. I am Silver in the BA exec club.

My question is, can I go sit in either the T1 domestic or international BA lounges for the 4.5 hours of my layover and then go to T2 for the Luxair departure? If the answer is 'yes", how does one do this? I know I can use the lounge as an arrival lounge as I've done it before when flying from T1 after arriving at T4. I'd prefer to stay airside.

My original plan was to go to T1 domestic BA lounge (going through immigration line) then when ready go back through and transfer to T2.

Thanks
Ozzy

christep
11th May 2006, 05:59
To the letter of the rules I believe the answer is no, because you are not departing on a OneWorld flight (BA/OW rule), because you do not have BA Gold status (which would let you in), and because you are departing from a different terminal (BAA rule). You might be able to get BA to bend the rules I guess.

But (depending on the hours) you would be able to use the T4 arrival lounge (landside I know, but as a brit you shouldn't have any immigration delays...) which has a reasonable breakfast available in the morning, showers, and not a bad environment.

tom de luxe
11th May 2006, 12:11
Are you in Club (Business) with LG as well? In that case, Alitalia's Canaletto Lounge at T2 awaits you (I'd still advocate the T4 arrivals lounge, but as this is airside, you'll have to clear security at T2 again, which is a bit of a nuisance - so if you decide to leave T4 a bit earlier, there's always Alitalia).

Ozzy
11th May 2006, 13:02
Thanks folks, no I'm not in biz on LG. As I said I've used the domestic lounge in T1 as an "arrivals lounge" when traveling in Club from the US but traveling on a non BA biz fare from T1. I guess it has to be the T4 landside arrivals lounge:( and then schlep it round to T2 later.

Anybody else know if my original plan would work?

Ozzy

christep
12th May 2006, 06:01
One other option, which I think would be allowed would be to go to the T1 Arrivals Lounge. That way at least you've got the major inter-terminal transfer out of the way before you settle in to your shower, breakfast, whatever...

Bumz_Rush
12th May 2006, 06:43
Use the T4 or T1, BA arrivals lounge, the service is better, there will be less people, the FULL english breakfast is to die for, and the arrival lounges , as pax usually dont wish to loiter, are a lot less hassle. Enjoy, and have a good trip. Bumz

grimmrad
12th May 2006, 16:56
I am arriving from JFK with BA in LHR and have a connecting flight to Hamburg (HAM), also with BA but some 4 hours later. I will fly (thank god) business class. Any tips where to spend my 4 hours, i.e. which lounge? I haven't been in LHR for some years now, all I remember is that I have to switch terminals and go through the flight connection center (and passport controll obviously).

Any help appreciated.
Thx

The_Banking_Scot
12th May 2006, 19:09
Hi,

I would use the arrivals lounge ( at T4 or T1) as you can have a hot breakfast and a spa treatment ( also more showers) if you want to before heading to Terminal 1 ( use the Zone R with your BA club boarding pass for HAM for expeditied security) then use the BA T1 Terraces.

Regards

TBS

Globaliser
13th May 2006, 13:12
My original plan was to go to T1 domestic BA lounge (going through immigration line) then when ready go back through and transfer to T2.I haven't got anything to add to the advice already given.

However, if you do find yourself wanting and able to use a T1 BA departure lounge, use the international one. The reason is that you can get from that lounge to the T2 gates without having to pass through the Flight Connections Centre or undergoing any further security screen. The airside areas of T1 international and T2 are directly joined by an elevated corridor, which makes this very easy. From the T1 international BA lounge, first follow the signs towards gates 50-something which take you along the side of the Flight Connections Centre smoking area (unmissable, but fortunately on the other side of a glass wall). You should then start seeing signs for Terminal 2 departures - just follow them around the far end of the FCC and then into that corridor.

Ozzy
13th May 2006, 14:58
Cheers Globaliser, that's what I'll do! I get in at 8:30 and my connecting flight is not until 13:30 so spending that in arrivals at T4 would have been a bit tedious.

Ozzy

grimmrad
13th May 2006, 18:42
Hi,
I would use the arrivals lounge ( at T4 or T1) as you can have a hot breakfast and a spa treatment ( also more showers) if you want to before heading to Terminal 1 ( use the Zone R with your BA club boarding pass for HAM for expeditied security) then use the BA T1 Terraces.
Regards
TBS

Thanks TBC for the help - will be nice for a change to have a shower on the other end, not some hard waiting area chairs for 4 hours...