PDA

View Full Version : Postpone an airline interview

QRCC2B
10th May 2006, 17:25
I have an airline coming up next week and I may not be able to attend it due to a couple of problems. When they invited me a couple of weeks ago I had to confirm the invitation which I did! Would it affect my chances of getting the job if I call them, explain the situation to them and ask kindly if they are able to give me another interview date (I know they have another interview day later this month)?

QRCC2B

ABird747
10th May 2006, 17:48
I don't see why they would hold it against you...

As the ever-applicable saying goes... '$hit happens'...

If an airline gets shirty with you at having something come up last minute, imagine what they'll be like to work for!

QRCC2B
10th May 2006, 22:08
ABird747: Very true but I had an accident a couple of days ago and something I literally couldn't foretell would happened when I accepted the invitation. Though, if they choose to make their opinion and decision of me due to my postponing, perhaps it's not worth it?

ABird747
10th May 2006, 22:30
ABird747: Very true but I had an accident a couple of days ago and something I literally couldn't foretell would happened when I accepted the invitation. Though, if they choose to make their opinion and decision of me due to my postponing, perhaps it's not worth it?

My thoughts exactly... I know that when I've done recruitment and selection we had a couple of people a week postponing interviews. We never held it against them.

tiggerific_69
11th May 2006, 07:07
if you had an accident im sure they will be sympathetic and happy to re-arrange a different date for your interview.the only way to find out is ask.if theyre ar5ey with you,then are they really going to be worth working for?

QRCC2B
11th May 2006, 19:29
I called them and they said it was no problem at all! And yes, they were extremely sympathetic :)