PDA

View Full Version : Endorsements... Where, when, if???

CAR256
10th May 2006, 14:03
:ugh: Hi all!!! I know that this is a dangerous time of the night to post, BUT???
:D I am a bit enthused by others posts here recently, and want to add two questions...
Lets say someone has all the fancy stuff that goes with a cpl, and somewhere around 1000 hrs...
:confused:
The first one is.... Is it worth while getting "a couple" of useable twin endorsements before hoping to be awarded with a twin, or to be twin job prior to a road trip??? or should you hope to expect the company to provide the required endorsements??? ( I was thinking C310 and Baron)
#2... If it is deemed to be not worth while, or ignoring q'n #1, is it more expensive to get said endo in a place like Darwin rather that East Coast rat race????????????????????
Thanks in advance for your kind, thoughtfull and wise posts...
Drink Up!!!

MaryG
10th May 2006, 22:52
an very pertininent qn, many people find themselves in the same predicament. Sure it is handy to have a potential candidate to have an endorsement, however without any experience on the machine the endo is almost futile. The trick is to find a company that will almost guarantee a job if you geta specific endo. Blindly gaining approvals is not the way to go, you end being an over endorsed-under experienced candidate.
The way the industry is going at the moment this tactic is not required, it may have been a few years ago, but not any more.

Even if you did, what would you get endorsed on baron, chief, 310, 404, shrike, 402, Bongo ??????
Don't risk the cash, go without an endorsement, and then use the getting of an endorsement as leverage if you have stiff competition in your prospective job.
Good luck

locknut
12th May 2006, 02:42
hit the nail on the head mary:ok:

CAR256
13th May 2006, 00:51
Hey thanks for your opinions Mary and Locknut. I won't be splurging any more of my precious food money than I have to, so have decided to not be so decadent, and just get current...
Thanks again...