PDA

View Full Version : ANA

superairhostess
10th May 2006, 13:30
Hi there

Can anyone tell me what is it All Nippon Airways to work for?

Cheers

SuperBoy
29th May 2006, 00:41
I don't know the exact ins and outs but a very good friend is european ambassador for them.

There are basically 2 european crew on each flight and out of LHR they have 5 and 9 day trips varying between Narita, Frankfurt and Paris. You will need to take basic japanese classes as part of your abinitio and you do an oral examination in japanese every few months to develop your grasp of the language.

As far as I understand it you work really hard and the cultural differences are quite extreme in certain circumstances. I stand to be corrected but 'galley fm' is a cardinal sin. It's all about work and nothing else.

The money seems to be good but I would rather not divulge as it's really not my place to say, however the basic for crew is more than any other uk based airline pay.

One negative point, if you're career minded, If you don't speak fluent japanese there will be no propmotion, end of.

I hope this helps.:):):):)

superairhostess
29th May 2006, 23:18
Thank you for your info.
I would be really interested in learning japanese!

I know they say the japanese crew is really nasty to you if you're european but as long as I get paid well I would be more than happy:)

Regarding the career aspect I 'm not interested in progressing as purser or assistant purser as I want be an air hostess while I'm young and studying for another job at the same time.Heard you get quite a lot of days off in between flights with ANA!

I sent off my application then I'll keep you posted if I get an interview!:O

Kawai
5th Jun 2006, 07:59
Hi,
At the moment we operate on the 747-400, some rumours about 777 in the next future....
3 different trips:
4 days- LHR-NRT and back (3 days off at base after)

5 days- day 1-deadhead from london to paris
day 2-Paris-Narita (Tokyo)
day 3- arrival at around 4pm
day 4- rest day
day 5- Narita-Paris and deadhead back to London or your place of
choice (in this case you will have to arrenge your own ticket) (3 days
off)
9 days- LHR-NRT
NRT-FRA
FRA-NRT
NRT-LHR
(5 days off)
We work under the Japanese aviation authorities so forget anything you heard before from the CAA, this means we have a maximum of 19 hours of flight duty BUT you might be asked to carry on with your duty over that limit in case of irregularities (and there is no chance to say no). Maximum of 100 hours of duty per month.
Japanese crew have changed quite a lot since the opening of the base and now they seem much more relaxed...although sometimes they can be too much...
99.9% of passengers are really good and they will sleep during the whole flight.
Initially you will be trained for economy class only after 6 months aprox biz, first class is a bit more difficult only 1 cabin attendant in the base is currently trained to work there.
I think it is easier for people without previous flying experience to adapt although that is a personal opinion....
Well I cant think of anything else now.... but let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

superairhostess
5th Jun 2006, 10:06
Hi Kawai

Thanks so much for the info.Very much helpful.:)
Now I just would like to find out about the assesment day and how hard it is to get in as I've been trying few airlines but haven't been successful so far although I've got plenty of customer service experience and I speak 3 languages:ugh: .Is ANA holding interviews in July?
The airlines I went for(Qantas,BMed,Virgin,GB)seem to be interested just in the group exercise and if they don't like you they send you home straight away.In one of the exercises we had to discuss The Big Brother Show which I never watched and despice!:eek:
Well in my job I work with different kind of people every day and apart from that I have a very active social life and enjoy partying in London very much(which I do every week end!)but I just freeze when I have to deal with a kind of artificial situation(as the group exercise)and I feel I can't be myself.I hope I'll learn somehow as I'm not willing to give up as I firmly believe I've got the skills and qualities necessary for the job.
I know with BA you get to the interview stage anyway after the group assessment.Is the same with ANA?

I'd love to learn Japanese!!!!!

Take care:cool:

SuperBoy
10th Jun 2006, 01:03
Superairhostess - check your pm:):):)

GorgeousKiwiGal
11th Jun 2006, 10:51
Does anyone have the recruitment link?

crewboy
11th Jun 2006, 11:58
[quo
te=GorgeousKiwiGal]Does anyone have the recruitment link?[/quote]

Hi,;)
I think this maybe the website
www.anaskyweb.com (http://www.anaskyweb.com) , select United Kingdom, then select "About ANA" and it should bring up employment and in turn, Cabin Crew.

I'm thinking of making an application but am not fluent in either French or German, only conversational German. Will try anyway.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck ,
Crewboy x:ok:

Kawai
14th Jun 2006, 19:54
Hi,
I heard that the interviews will be held both at Heathrow and Frankfurt, basically you should expect a maths test, language test, and a group discussion (but I don't really think the japanese are very interested in the progress of Big Brother or in testing your singing skills ...I personally hate this type of tests as well... :ugh: )
After that most of the people will pass to the personal interview with usually two interviewers, well this was my assesment day for ANA. I personally found the assesment day to be quite relaxed compared with other airlines, as they usually invite small numbers of candidates on each day so you don't feel the competition that much...
take care

superairhostess
14th Jun 2006, 20:20
Cheers K

Looking forward to the interview then.Hope it's gonna be in July:)

IcarusinJapan
4th Jul 2006, 07:47
And after the Japanese oral, you need to go down to the Jet Lag Club for another.

:mad: