PDA

View Full Version : Brian in action again

Alphaprot
10th May 2006, 06:24
Well, Emirates Today http://213.132.44.184/emiratestoday/ has a nice spread featuring Brian Murray on page 18 of the 10th of May issue. If you can't find it, search for American Pilots.
I just wish the guy had a little humility and decency. Its one thing coming here and getting a better contract and pay packet than any other pilots who have been here less than 7 years, its another crowing about it in the newspapers.

Silver Tongued Cavalier
10th May 2006, 07:01
From Emirates Today:
Nearly two years ago, at age 51, Brian Murray took early retirement from US Airways.The pilot was outraged by the airline’s termination of his pension plan and worried about his future with a carrier sliding towards bankruptcy court for the second time.

But Captain Murray’s career was far from over.Today he lives in Dubai and flies Airbus A330s for fast-growing Emirates airline, winging to destinations in Europe, Africa and Asia. He is home more than he ever was at US Airways, and his total compensation package – including health care, housing allowance, retirement plan and holiday – is superior. He says his wife and children enjoy living here in the UAE, and “from a professional standpoint, it couldn’t be better”.

In a twist on global outsourcing, a flock of US pilots is fleeing the depressed North American airline industry to work in the Gulf and other reaches of the world where aviation is booming.

After the 2001 terrorist attacks stifled air travel and sent the US industry into its deepest decline ever, more than 10,000 US pilots were laid off, and many more took early retirement. Despite subsequent hiring by a few healthy carriers, including Southwest Airlines, thousands have not been able to find new flying jobs at their old pay grades.

At the same time, the industry is expanding rapidly in the UAE, across the Middle East, China, India and Southeast Asia. As these regions have grown more affluent and loosened aviation restrictions, travel demand has soared. New airlines have started up, existing carriers are adding routes and hundreds of new jets are on order.

To be fair, he's comparing his package at EK to his old one at US Airways, not to other EK pilots' packages.

Talking to the media is often fraught when they consistently quote out of context to what was actually said during the interview.

Brian should have known better!!

Alphaprot
10th May 2006, 07:25
To be fair, he's comparing his package at EK to his old one at US Airways, not to other EK pilots' packages
Yes that may be true, but he is comparing a package that he has got as a DEC, that we all know is more than someone who has been a Captain in the airline for 4 years. Not to mention the F/O's that have been scr*wed.
To have it published in a local paper, for all you colleagues to read is either ass kissing management, insensitive, gloating, superior or plain bloody stupid. You decide which one.

uplock
10th May 2006, 08:10
Isn't it great to see first hand how the Emirates Publicity Machine , Corporate Communications ,Damage Control , You should be greatful to have a job here works.

Next thing they will be sending us mind bending sublimial messages broadcast in front of us on the PFD and ND screens in the flight deck explaining why the 3 % increment is actually payrise.
'We’re not worthy, we’re not worthy, we’re not worthy!'
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/simpsonplane3.jpg

specialrider987
10th May 2006, 10:36
This guy's going to be about as popular as Osama Bin Laden at a Bar Mitzvah!

It's not even funny any more, just rather ...sad.

Check 'Six'
10th May 2006, 16:10
I am just waiting to see what our ''superior'' pay review is going to reveal in a few days. And then I will have the appropriate answer for ''Captain America.''

Check Six

gatvol2006
10th May 2006, 16:22
I feel sorry for this man, I wonder how he feels right now? (Thats if he reads this stuff):{

Tail Rota
11th May 2006, 01:48
Guys

Read it was sick:yuk:

TR:yuk:

global707
11th May 2006, 04:38
Heh disgruntled EK drivers,

How about someone contacting the newspaper concerned and offering up the other side of the story, so that the whole of the UAE can read it? A them and us perspective!!

Just an idea.....good luck
:8

Jolly Foreigner
11th May 2006, 05:39
Maybe Brian and the rest of his 'VP' DEC buddies would like to sit down and explain how and why a large number of his 'yet to be VP's' in the right seat are being shafted for upgrade by an additional 6 months, thanks to a combination of DEC's and inept management......keep the morale up boys! Come on Brian tell them how good things are and how much EK respects them...........

Did I hear a pin drop???

:ok:

cyclops camel
11th May 2006, 05:40
Good idea Global - just be sure it is approved by Corporate Communications first. I'm sure they'll want all sides presented fairly in the media.:\

uplock
11th May 2006, 08:19
Hey Global your forgetting that the Emirates Today newspaper is owned by the Government, its just another mouth piece to get the message out to the masses

AVIATOR757
11th May 2006, 09:21
This one is for you BRIAN
http://upchucky.net/%7Eupchucky/flash-fun/farmer-donkey.swf
A757

Fugazi
11th May 2006, 10:39
Fab clip Aviator757...Sums up the whole thread nicely......

brokenenglish
11th May 2006, 10:48
Doesn't sum it up for me.

Can't work out if Brian is the farmer or the donkey.

AVIATOR757
11th May 2006, 10:51
U are the donkey and thats why U don't get it. Just Kiddin!:)
No really donkey is the hard working animal bearing all the load.Last flight >400 pax on board.Obviously it can't be the management.Get it now?.

new tomcat
15th May 2006, 16:24
This US Air DEC is all over our pilot web site at home. No one can believe that he is saying this and how stupid his actions are. He must be a management wantabe and probably being paid for all of his services.
Someone posted that how popular the DEC must be with all of his positve remarks about the company.
If only I was a fly on the wall in the cockpit of one of his flights!

kingoftheslipstream
16th May 2006, 16:59
I wouldn't be anywhere near him on one of his flights! He can go with someone else...

thebusman
16th May 2006, 17:47
What is wrong with you people? You are more catty than a bunch of teenage girls.
Give the guy a break, the bottom line is did Brian want to be “employed or unemployed”, Pension or no pension” in today’s American Economy Duh…he took the road that 99 percent of us would have done, that is of course unless you are one of the lucky ones in life, that have NO bills to pay.
As for the part in which you think Brian is sucking up to management, what do you expect Brian to say? ”Yeah Emirates gave me a job, but it sucks”…get real and stop bitching and complaining, maybe Brian happens to be more qualified than some of you, if he went in as a DEC, you guys sound like little boys that didn’t get picked for the football team. I challenge any of you to say that if you had the qualification for a DEC, you would have turned the offer down because you don't want to jump ahead of the first officers. Come on guys, grow up. Act professional but maybe that's not easy for some.

puff m'call
16th May 2006, 17:56
Hey busman, go shove you head back up you a@s where it just came from.

It's not about being a DEC, it's what he's done since he's been here, tosser!

thebusman
16th May 2006, 18:07
:ok: You are great puff m'call, thanks for proofing my point exactly....:D

cheers

Alphaprot
16th May 2006, 18:12
Busman, as usual for you guys you think you understand a problem from a casual glance, a bit like your countries foreign policies.
Act professional but maybe that's not easy for some
Did you read the other post where Brian pretended to be a colleague of his, from his old airline and gave us a sob story about 'Brian's' personal problems. It was truly pathetic, pretending to be someone else to justify his own self serving, self promotion. That is our problem at no point has Brian shown a modicum of professionalism or common decency, hence our general derision of this tw*t.

brokenenglish
16th May 2006, 18:24
Perhaps busman is looking for a DEC position at EK.

If so maybe he could tell us what's on the table.

Hang on, bus man, bm...............

kingoftheslipstream
17th May 2006, 04:14
thebusman

... you are a turd burglar :=

kiwi_r4
17th May 2006, 05:07
Hi thebusman

Probably not a good move to be too patriotic and stand united with Brian for the time being! Even I know that.

But, you're on the right track challenging them on the DEC issue. I wish you better luck than me.

Regards,

Kiwi.

PS. Perhaps puff m'call was just having a bad day.

Kingoftheslipstream, calling you a "turd burger", is probably just another low IQ something!

brokenenglish
17th May 2006, 08:39
Just had a look through busmans posting history and he claims to have gone through EKs recruiting scheme last year as an F/O.
The last person to support bm on this forum turned out to be bm posting as an EK F/O.
I think history is repeating itself on the aptly named 'Brian in action again' thread.

4HolerPoler
17th May 2006, 09:30
Guys, this is already a heated subject; clearly there are going to be a lot of different opinions - please don't create enemies and have a punch-up simply because someone else has a completely different point-of-view; realize that we're all different; by all means, debate an issue but don't go for each other's throat as your opening move.

Keep it nice out there & remember management's powerful tool of "divide and rule" - don't go down that road.

4HP

ekwhistleblower
17th May 2006, 10:36
I don't condemn anyone for coming to work as a DEC. I would be very disappointed if I saw proof of different deals for different people but it wouldn't surprise me. TG's actions made me feel embarrassed for the guy and I know him pretty well. I thought it was a ludicrous attempt at self justification.:=

Lets face it, we are seeing two extremes here. The guys that have been walked over by DECs and the DECs. One group thinks the sun shines out of EK's butts, the other group see the 'tree of monkeys'. When the management look down from the top all they can see are the monkey's smiling faces. The monkeys at the bottom looking up can just see arseholes.

There is another important group though and they are the guys that have been here a long time and seen the changes. I include myself in that group. Is EK the best in the world, no. Is it the worst, no. Has there been gross mismanagement, yes. The test for me will be what happens over the next couple of years. If EK get their crews and they are of a sufficient calibre to fly safely, things will not get better quickly. If they don't, they will have to try and buy them and maybe T&Cs might move out of the slowly deteriorating spiral.:ugh:

TG is not the only guy talking EK up, go and look at some of the other threads here:

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1007

Do I blame them, no. I was just like them when I first got here but like everything else your opinions tend to balance out after a while. Anyone that believes all in the garden is sunny will be disappointed just as anyone who believes it is all crap has been lied to. I wish that they would take the rose tinted specs off and see what actually is happening. It works in reverse for the guys that slag everything and everyone off. You discover that the glass can be both half full and half empty at the same time but guys that want to get on the merry go round would have a better, more realistic, idea of what they are getting themselves into.:ok:

EKWB

typhoonpilot
17th May 2006, 12:46
That is a perfect link to post. It shows how a mature group can have an informative discussion on the pros and cons of joining Emirates. It does not resort to character assasination, innuendo, or outright attacks on individuals. It is what PPrune used to be.

That is a website, that among other things, is dedicated to helping people find jobs. Something that is necessary in the post 9-11 carnage of the U.S. pilot career expectations. On it you will find I am very balanced in my discussions. I do have a positive point of view because I am happy at EK and have worked for enough other airlines to realize this is still a pretty good gig.

TP

Mack Tuck
17th May 2006, 13:03
Has anyone else wondered why kiwi r4 deigns to grace our forums with his or her superior intellect and vast vocabulary when according to the personal profile he/she is clearly a patriotic bird with either jet connect, pacific blue or air nz and has no intention of leaving the land of the long white cloud. "Real blokes"; those with swandri's and red band gumboots wouldn't bother with the kind of tat this bird comes up with. "Real blokes" eats, roots and leaves. Go away little bird; you EK reject.

whossorrynow
17th May 2006, 15:07
Another link to post:

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1954&page=12

How refreshing to see a mature group having an informative discussion.

copyright syb.

typhoonpilot
17th May 2006, 15:27
Hi Wayne :ok:

TP

wayne_krr
17th May 2006, 15:35
hello typhoon:}
how'd spike do with his interview?

typhoonpilot
17th May 2006, 15:48
hello typhoon:}
how'd spike do with his interview?

No idea mate, I never heard from him. And here I thought WSN was you :O

I do apologize for that comment said in the heat of battle many months ago. I've gone back to edit it into a more mature format. :ok:

TP

whossorrynow
17th May 2006, 15:48
For anybody curious about the last three posts it appears that typhoonpilot and his curiously named cohort are attempting what I believe is known as a 'sting' with the intention of identifying me.

I wonder what he will do with the information.

BusyB
17th May 2006, 15:50
I don't like to post on this forum as I don't work for EK, I have friends that do.

I feel forced to point out that Typhoonpilot appears to have much more loyalty to his countrymen than his SFO/FO colleagues at EK. The continuous encouragement towards DEC's on other forums is positively disheartening!!

wayne_krr
17th May 2006, 16:20
It's all very innocent from my perspective. TP and I had several discussions on Airline Central or whatever it's called. I think he has me mistaken for someone else.

bushbolox
17th May 2006, 16:42
The busman does have a point though. Try and keep the emotion aside and look at the realities.
How many people on the right seat at EK (who had todays requirements for dec) would have joined as f/os if the DEC programme had been running at time of joining.There is no doubt you are getting a bum deal but the policy now allows for people to join as Captains. The requirements are not unrealistic albeit different from earlier times.People applying did not sign your contract nor did they double cross you. They also owe you no solidarity.There is no great pilot fraternity or society to owe allegiance to, only ones own agenda. If they break a collective agreement that is different but none exists. Its business not personnal. They dont know you and didnt influence your freely made desicions. Harsh but a fact of life. How many EK captains intend to return to their homes or other jobs as an f/o. Not many I'll wager.Seniorty, right or wrong is a dying concept.

Comparison to BA and the like for seniority are unrealistic as EK was an off the shelf National airline and stocked with pilots for hire, not an inherited national institution wih associated customs, full of hardworking nationals with a career structure for life. The owners of this off the shelf airline have changed the rules, people have to play the cards they are dealt. The DECs of today are no more or less mercenary than than any previous or current non arab pilots at EK to make a buck, and/or a short cut to a big command. All that is different is whats on the table for the latest policy.

As for the Brian chap. He is a yank after all. Lucky , loud and nieve.

whossorrynow
17th May 2006, 18:06
It's all very innocent from my perspective. TP and I had several discussions on Airline Central or whatever it's called. I think he has me mistaken for someone else.

Excuse my paranoia.

Perhaps your cryptic conversations are best conducted in private.

typhoonpilot
17th May 2006, 18:11
I don't like to post on this forum as I don't work for EK, I have friends that do.
I feel forced to point out that Typhoonpilot appears to have much more loyalty to his countrymen than his SFO/FO colleagues at EK. The continuous encouragement towards DEC's on other forums is positively disheartening!!

I present information and answer questions no matter who may ask.

For the record, I do not approve of the DEC policy.

TP

P.S. WSN, I honestly thought you and Wayne were one and the same.

ExSimGuy
17th May 2006, 20:03
This one is for you BRIAN
http://upchucky.net/%7Eupchucky/flash-fun/farmer-donkey.swf
A757
I think everyone missed the last 2 of 5 lessons to be learned from the last frame of that Flash file:

4. Give More
5. Take less:E

(sorry - couldn't resist it, especially as 3 pages later nobody seemed to have noticed! Thobe, Guttra, sandals, outtahere . . .)

harry the cod
17th May 2006, 23:15
Bushbox

Good post and how very true. In both cases!

Harry

Ramboflyer 1
20th May 2006, 15:02
Sounds like by the Time BM gets into high level management there will be nothing left to manage.
EK appears to be cracking up...........................:D

LHR Rain
22nd May 2006, 14:50
DEC Brian is a tool and has no business being in a flight deck. DEC Brian has some serious issues he has to resolve and we are still waiting for an apology from him.

Payscale
23rd May 2006, 03:38
Does anyone have a copy of "Life of Brian" I can borrow? :D

145qrh
23rd May 2006, 04:44
Has anyone flown with the Tartan Pillock recently.....just wondering what he has to say for himself....:) :)

LHR Rain
23rd May 2006, 15:04
DEC Brian is still acting like a tart. Still cocky and does not think he did anything wrong. What is this DEC thinking! He must laughing at the EK pilots just rubbing our noses in his actions. DEC Brian is such a "man."

watertheflowers
23rd May 2006, 16:48
Seems that this guy has no conscience and no comprehension of how his actions constitute abnormal inter-social behaviour.

Reckon it's time he got the bumz rush.

I for one won't be giving him the time of day.

Count von Altibar
23rd May 2006, 21:35
This dude seems to be out of touch with reality. His actions also qualify for 'extreme brown-nosing' which altogether makes him sound like a total ****hole! Best luck to you boys in the sand that have to fly/nightstop with him.