PDA

View Full Version : Expired Medicals??

rmcfarlane
9th May 2006, 23:09
Evening everyone.

I have a question about medicals which have elapsed.

Basically, I am not 'yet' a pilot - but several years ago wanted to make sure it was going to be an option open to me before I started interviews, applications and generally making any investments towards this career.

In 2004 I completed a initial Class 1 with the CAA, and last year renewed it to keep it current. This year, like an idiot, I allowed it to elapse :uhoh:

This would not be an issue as I am not conducting any flying anyway, however, I have just recieved my acceptance letter from an airline and I now need to have it!

The most recent certificate expired on the 22/04/2006 (18 days ago). Does this mean that I now must re-sit the initial test with the CAA, or can I just have the renewal checkup with my usual AME? From previous knowlege, the cost difference here is about £300... If I am about to start an ab-initio course I am going to need all the money I can get :sad:

Any thoughts would be most appreciated

-R

BOMB-DOCTOR
9th May 2006, 23:28
Your local AME should be able to sort this one out for you, from memory you would have to return to Gatwick (AMC) if 5 years had passed since your last medical.

:ok:

Captain Airclues
9th May 2006, 23:41
BD is correct. No need to bother with the CAA. Just go to an AME and he/she will renew your medical.

Airclues

rmcfarlane
10th May 2006, 21:39
Thank you gents, you are both correct.

Spoke with my AME today, she will be touching me up Monday AM - for any 'non-flyers' like me in the same situation there is nothing to worry about

JABMAN
10th May 2006, 22:00
Hi rmcfarlane,

Would you please check your PM inbox.