PDA

View Full Version : National Air Services (NAS), KSA WARNING

T4Turtle
9th May 2006, 16:38
A good friend was recently recruited in the UK by NAS. After successfully passing an interview and a medical, she left an excellent job to begin her 'dream' corporate job in Riyadh. Within a week NAS management issued a communication 'offering' a new contract to all cabin crew changing the rotation from a month on followed by a month off to a proposed two months on followed by one month off and a halved salary. On further enquiry the difficulties that NAS are clearly facing have been mounting for some months and that alledgedly some cabin crew are not being let off duty or paid money owed.:mad:

mutt
10th May 2006, 17:29
For a new airline operating between two airports, I'm amazed that they have allowed things to have gotten so bad.

Mutt

aunt sally
10th May 2006, 18:06
To any one either thinking or considering this think very carefully. At the moment Nas are trying to change the contracts of crew to take an extended rotation and reduced allowances on top of this they expect you to travel home on your off days. Funnily enough the management do not seem to understand why crew would be upset about this!!
Seemingly they are expecting crew to leave and are planning to recruit again under the terms of the new deal loyalty in this company counts for nothing they get you out to Saudi Arabia under false pretences then announce that they are changing the contract.
A lot of the crew left good jobs in good faith to join and were completley shafted when they got out there. Saudi Arabia is not the best place to live it is certainly not cheap and you will fly like a dog. There are a lot of little extras they do not tell you in the interview which you find out when you arrive. There is also now a bond so if you take the job once you start you have to stay for 18 months or pay back some ridiculous amount for leaving.
Its a shame there are many good people I know still working for this outfit who deserve better. There are better companies and jobs out there.

mutt
10th May 2006, 18:26
certainly not cheap

Uh? Its not cheap? I'm curious as to what do you have to pay for?

Mutt

Edited following the clarification from aunt sally....

aunt sally
10th May 2006, 18:55
Mutt

This is the VIP Fleet/crew that is being talked about. The lo-cost has not started yet.

AS

fractional
13th May 2006, 10:29
A lot of the crew left good jobs in good faith to join and were completley shafted when they got out there
Never ever believe the words "good faith" when it comes to earning your salary.
Funnily enough the management do not seem to understand why crew would be upset about this!!
They think they own you once you in. They also think you ought to be "eternaly" thankful you have got a job... with them.
STAY CLEAR!...

QRCC2B
13th May 2006, 17:47
There is also now a bond so if you take the job once you start you have to stay for 18 months or pay back some ridiculous amount for leaving.

They think they own you once you in. They also think you ought to be "eternaly" thankful you have got a job... with them. STAY CLEAR!...

A bit out of the thread subject but this reminds me of QR! They bond their cabin crew for two years and if you choose to leave earlier you also have to pay back an amount!

QRCC2B

shoon
16th May 2006, 12:12
I just wonder if they are employing male cabin crew but not Saudi national?

Anyone could give an info?

T4Turtle
17th May 2006, 12:10
Shoon,
The purpose of this thread is to warn against even considering NAS as an employer!

Look elsewhere :ugh:

shoon
17th May 2006, 14:20
Shoon,
The purpose of this thread is to warn against even considering NAS as an employer!

Look elsewhere :ugh:

i know, lol

just asking!

T4Turtle
19th May 2006, 09:24
To be frank and to answer your question "across the broad spectrum"; it is rare that male cabin crew are recruited in corporate aviation. Firstly it is a matter of height and the aircraft your have to operate. Secondly if you owned your own aircraft, would you want male cabin crew or young, pretty, bouncy stewardesses? Thirdly male cabin crew are less ītransientīthan female crew who leave to have families etc and so have to be replenished by new young recruits.
Sorry to sound so NEGATIVE, SEXIST ETC but the reality is clear. Please nobody take offence at my OBSERVATIONS.:eek:

mystiqueFLYER
20th May 2006, 07:18
NAS has a reputation telling it's ex-pat to do as i say, not as i do. Do not question, and if you see, turn the other way.

The original contract constitutes to the value of a packet of peanuts, and if you dare question why the change of contract that's to be taken into affect in the near future, you are given 30 days notice of termination on a silver platter.

You either accept and shut up, or speak up and be slapped a 30 day notice....so if you think signing a contract in Saudi Arabia means anything, think again.

Have a friend who works for them, and the stories i hear send shivers up my spine. Don't be fooled by their false advertising, lies and inhumane conditions crew have to obide by.

dolly drops
13th Jun 2006, 15:51
Just a word of warning to all of you out there, who may be tempted to join NAS in RUH.... DON'T DO IT!!!

They are a bunch of aviation cowboys, who will try and tempt you, only to then change your contract and pay... A very good friend of mine has just left NAS, PLease don't do it... HUGE MISTAKE!!!

There are better employers out in the Kingdom.

siddiqi
27th Jul 2006, 07:20
they are not in the league of other cowboys trying to set up in the kingdom