PDA

View Full Version : Ipod can't see 'some' of my songs?

Keith Discovering
9th May 2006, 15:27
Mmm, I wondered if someone would help me; my ipod (video version) is fab, but I'm getting annoyed about not being able to play some tunes on my ipod. ITunes shows that the songs are there, I can 'see' the songs on the Ipod drive via itunes and anapod, but as soon as I look for them on the ipod itself; bugger me - they're not there! :confused:

I've been to ipod forums, but can't find the answer, so i was hoping someone would kindly help.

the files are mpeg -1, layer 3, audio files, 192kbps - 320kpbs bit rate, 44,1000khz. I've noticed though that the files that 'won't play' are above 128kpbs.

I put this but don't know if it means anything??

Thanks in advance

K

spannersatcx
9th May 2006, 16:02
As far as I know it can't play mpeg 1 files.

Incompatible codecs
iPod cannot play songs that use these audio formats:

snd
QuickTime
MP2
MP1
WAV with compression
WMA and WMA Protected
any other format not in the Compatible codecs list

compatible files (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61476)

Keith Discovering
9th May 2006, 16:28
Thanks spanners,
I'm confused even more then, as Itunes says all of my audio files are mpeg audio files. I get this info from itunes, right clicking on the file and 'get info'. The ipod plays 99% on these files :(
Explorer also says they're mpeg files????
GLoom.... :{
Anymore help please?

Mpeg = mp3 I believe?

spannersatcx
9th May 2006, 18:26
If you can put the songs in the itunes library, then right click on it and select convert selection to AAC. Then hopefully they will work.:ok:

Jhieminga
10th May 2006, 10:35
MPEG 1.0 layer 3 = MP3

I don't have an answer for your problem, but perhaps this solves this particular issue.

If you have the CD that you ripped these songs from perhaps re-ripping them into Itunes might solve the problem. Converting the song to another (compatible) format such as AAC is another option as Spannersatcx mentioned. Good luck!