PDA

View Full Version : Oh Oh EK cabin crew pay reveiw!

gatvol2006
9th May 2006, 15:02
Just got a text from a purser, 6 grand on housing p/a and 4% salary increase! OK so its cabin crew, but how embarrasing when the cost of living has increased 17% in the last year. I wonder what our bucks uplift will be? We heard a lot earlier last year, whats happening? Anyone heard yet? CV's ready? Rumour has it we will hear on the 25th and only 10%:{

Zomp
9th May 2006, 15:23
not even 10% is my guess

break dancer
9th May 2006, 15:25
7% plus the 3% increment

The most senior guys are costing the company too much money as it is, so nada for them.

Hostee
9th May 2006, 16:53
Huh?? 4% pay risefor Cabin Crew? :ugh:
I assume thats on the basic salary... Wonder if the hourly flight pay has gone up as well?
4 %...wooo an extra 150-200dhs or so a month... :hmm:
I mean sure... a pay rise is a pay rise, so thanks and all that.. but 4%? What the??
As Gatvol2006 said "the cost of living has increased 17% in the last year"
(I can't see that extra 180 odd dhs covering that!!)
I know that a lot of crew were happy to stay if a decent increase was in the offering... But I don't see them staying for that amount.
Yikes.... and a whole bunch of crew are already going to leave after the bonus in the bank (Happens every year)

gatvol2006
9th May 2006, 17:33
Unfortunately you guys are expendible....check all the cheap labour coming in from Korea and no moans whats more (we will ignore the fact that they can hardly speak English!) Indispicable for you guys, thats all I can say. The wheel is turning for us FD at last, lots of other jobs coming up. Check this space...

BYMONEK
9th May 2006, 20:02
What is it about people in this Company that they mention our increment in the same breath as the pay rise?

IT'S NOT PART OF THE PAY RISE!

We don't all receive our extra increment in May, do we? We receive it when we've done another years service. It's a loyalty( for want of a better word) payment.The whole purpose of this is because of the basis of a seniority system, that in any decent Airline, would see ALL new people join at the bottom of the F/O scale! It wasn't even mentioned in my previous Companies' due to it being regarded as a given, even though, like EK, it was 'officially' a discretionary payment. Everyone got it every year and that was that!

The next person to include it as a part of the soon to be announced increase will be taken into the desert..................and shot! :*

ruserious
9th May 2006, 20:14
touchy, touchy (but I agree)

Vorsicht
9th May 2006, 20:51
You're quite right, we dont all receive our increment in may, we all receive it in june. It has nothing to do with another years service, it is paid in june. I if you are here in june you will get it.

kingoftheslipstream
10th May 2006, 05:28
I would be very surprised if these numbers were accurate. It seems a little too early for anything official. Until it's on paper in my drop box, I won't believe it.

Remember, the ruling family needs their share, and we are just slaves.

Alphaprot
10th May 2006, 05:40
Might just be the usual rumours, from someone, who knows someone really important :hmm:

donpizmeov
11th May 2006, 12:03
Vorschit, Bymonek,

If you have a look at your pay slip on the portal for the last year, you will find that the 3% increment and any pay rise takes effect in the May pay, which means it was calculated from the 1 Apr. So it is alligned with financial year rather than your date of joining.

But with reports of how we are paid better than pilots in US airlines being read in the news, I guess the pay rise might match the famous 1.5% that TCK was so proud to announce to us. Or is the timing of that just coincidental?

Don

Vorsicht
11th May 2006, 12:37
Just pulled a few old pay slips and Contract adjustment advice slips and it seems we are both almost correct.

It is indeed paid in the May pay, but effective from the 1st of May not 1st of April

The main thrust of my previous post though was that it is not dependent on time in company like the profit share. As long as you are here before May, you will receive the increase.

Cheers

donpizmeov
11th May 2006, 14:00
Gotcha. Sorry about the April furfy, its only the overtime/or is it undertime from the previous month.

Don

Andu
12th May 2006, 07:56
Can we assume that the new pilots' package will be as generous as what the FAs received?

After reading another current thread on this site, I'm not sure whether that should read "the new pilot's package" or "the new pilots' package".

Any idea when it will be announced?

BYMONEK
12th May 2006, 23:28
Well, bugger me! You'd think i'd have learnt by now to check my facts before jumping on my high horse and sprouting off.

I stand corrected and am frankly amazed because i'd assumed ( dangerous thing to do I know) that EK would apply the increments in the same way as other Companies do. :ugh:

Anyway, still not part of a pay rise.............. :(

MR8
13th May 2006, 09:57
Guys, the payrise is for everybody, even guys who are yet to join will get the payrise irrespective of seniority etc.. You should see the payrise as a review of the 30 'steps' in salary.

The 3% is a different story. Actually, the 3% is a pilot moving one step up because of seniority. Not everyone is entitled to that though. You have to be with the company on 31 december of the previous year, so for this year, everybody who joined in 2005 will go one step up (+3%) because of seniority, people who have joined in 2006 will stay at their current (lowest) 'paystep' .

Both increases are traditionaly announced beginning of may and will be paid out with the may salary.

As for Cabin Crew payrise... just had a look at the KG letter of one of our Grade 2 girls:

* Basic +130 Dhs
* Flight pay +1.5 Dhs/hour

On a 'standard' 80 hours month: increase 250 Dhs. (Isn't that nice compared to the minor profit the company made: 2.800.000.000 Dhs )

MR8

gatvol2006
14th May 2006, 03:25
Yip, its now the 14th May and rather later than last years announcements. However apparrently the pilot pay reveiw is sitting on AR's desk, for him to announce it to us. Lets see how long he will keep us in suspense! Good luck men, it better meet Dubai inflation thats all I can say.:sad:

max AB
14th May 2006, 04:33
I believe it's due out either tomorrow or Tuesday.

MachD
14th May 2006, 09:14
Just out.....

7% plus 3%. In addition to the basic pay inc there will be 10% inc. in the Utilities Allowance. There will also be an increase to the productivity and callout pay of 15.4%.

"I believe the above increase clearly demonstrates E's commitment towards its staff and its reaction to the local market changes, and in spite of the forecasted difficult year we will be challenged with."

AAR

here we go....................................

mini cooper
14th May 2006, 10:28
So apparently 45 guys have resigned already this year. For me this derisory pay rise is the nudge I need to get going. The 7 year plan of staying at Ek has just shortened considerably!! Made the decision easy for me, thanks Adel, now all I need is to sort out the rostering system to try and get the days off so I can go for an interview somewhere else!!!
:yuk:

MR8
14th May 2006, 10:33
I'm guessing between 20 and 30 resignations in the next weeks.

I'm not even going to react on this insult..

MR8

BYMONEK
14th May 2006, 10:34
So then, is it confirmed at 7%? Spoke to someone today saying pursers getting 15%. Can that be confirmed or is this all rumour still?

uplock
14th May 2006, 12:29
mini cooper Pilot resignations closer to 50 so far this year may be over this mark now.

BYMONEK My cabin crew did not know any thing about 15% however the Cabin Crew Utilities Allowance did increase for Pursers and SFS by an amount of 15 % which turns out to be less than 6000 AED ($1640 US$)may this was the figure you were told.

Funny how the fuel surcharge gets whacked on with little delay , making comments such as "I believe the above increase clearly demonstrates E's commitment towards its staff and its reaction to the local market changes, and in spite of the forecasted difficult year we will be challenged with." just goes to show that they have lost touch with what is happening in Dubai. Some how I do not think that the work force will swallow the company line this year.

Dirigible
14th May 2006, 13:17
Please tell me it ain't so. I'm away from Dubai at the moment but if confirmed this is derisory...:{
Escaping in October, I'm sure will be taking many with me