PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee looking to rent a PA31

hanover
9th May 2006, 10:55
Hi Guys/Girls
Im just slowly building my Multi hours up ready for when i do eventually become eligible to apply to the airlines, ( still a little way to go:) ). im just really having fun with my flying at the moment and want to see what other twin engine aircraft are about other than a Seneca and Aztec.
i have always wanted to fly the PA31 (Navajo/Chieftan). i have been reading the manuals on them and really want to give it a go at flying one.
SO FINALLY THE QUESTION!!!
Do any guys/girls on PPRUNE know of any aircraft that are for rent in the uk and if possible contact details, or does anyone own one (EVEN BETTER).
im not sure about prices, i have been told about 450-500 pound per hour, any more and it may not be possible.
I am just a student :D
Anyway, Thanks in advance and happy flying

Lembrado
10th May 2006, 21:46
Hanover,

To quote:

"i have been told about 450-500 pound per hour, any more and it may not be possible."

You must be joking right?

A perplexed Lembrado.

HS125
11th May 2006, 18:16
I think theres one available at Blackpool and another at Elstree, more than that im not sure.
Bearing in mind the price of Avgas these days and the fact that yore probably looking for a dual rate I doubt you'll see change out of £600/hr

richiya
11th May 2006, 19:27
WOW:eek:
I knew prices of rental and avgas were high in the UK, but those prices are crazy!!! It would be worth going to Spain for the weekend do the same amount of hours and maybe even come back with some change!!!

54.98N
15th May 2006, 06:53
Hanover,

PM me. Have a contact for you on a PA31 in the UK.

LEVC
15th May 2006, 11:46
A year ago a friend of mine rented an aztec in Elstree, self hire with no instructor for 160 GBP per hour, the aircraft was old but well maintained.

600 GBP sounds like theft to me, after all is not the space shuttle you want to fly!!!!!!, as Richiya said you better check out the prices in Spain or Portugal, you should be able to get it for 200 GBP per hour.

Last infos about renting a piston twin in spain for ME-IR renewal was 300 euros an hour which is around 200 GBP, that was in Madrid.

Good luck