PDA

View Full Version : China Southern Eastern Cadets in Mel

nomorecatering
9th May 2006, 10:51
Heared that WA is not the only place that China Southern send their cadets, I believe there is a school in Melbourne. Any ideas who they are. What are they like to work for?

THE IRON MAIDEN
9th May 2006, 12:23
I think National Aerospace at Essendon take some Int'l students.

almostthere!
10th May 2006, 08:34
It is China EAstern that is in Melbourne, not China Southern. To diff companies

Condensation
10th May 2006, 08:57
Does anyone know where I could find info on the China Southern Cadetships, can't seem to find any on their website. Thanks.

almostthere!
10th May 2006, 10:52
There wont be any info on their website, China Southern only takes raw kids from uni in china, pays for their training and hopes for the best

archangel7
3rd Jun 2006, 07:08
Condensation....

China Southern cadets go to WA Flying College at Jandakot and Merridin..WA

China Eastern send there cadets to INTER AIR at Essendon airport Melbourne.

China Southern and China Eastern are two totally different companies mate

Bob Murphie
3rd Jun 2006, 10:25
From another source and possibly very detrimental to WA/ Australian flying training organisations;

Chinese Pilots Train In Canada

A flight school in the Canadian province of New Brunswick says it will train up to 900 pilots for China Southern Airlines over the next five years. Officials of Moncton Flight College, of Moncton, N.B., say they expect to sign the $70 million deal in the next few days. The deal is the result of more than five years of inspections, negotiations and renovations (the college did a $6 million CAD expansion). "This is part of a very large growth and expansion program over the next five to ten years," Mike Doiron, the school's principal, told the New Brunswick Telegraph-Journal. "It's really going to place New Brunswick as a key player in the flight training market." There simply isn't enough capacity in Chinese flight schools to meet the explosive need for pilots. "There's an absolutely huge demand in China for pilots," said Mike Tilley, of CANLink Global, a trading company that helped arrange the deal. He said China needs 1,200 new pilots a year and there are more than 50 airports under construction. "It's opened the door for us to be as aggressive that we'd like in our business development."

archangel7
3rd Jun 2006, 10:40
I heard of this a while ago.... China Southern Airlines are trying out Canada because of the extra CASA charges and evidently huge costs to China Southern Airlines. An extra $10000, per student due to the CASA increases in pilot charges. The Training organization in Canada also promised 0 hours to ATPL in less then 14 months which I personally think is impossible.

Centaurus
3rd Jun 2006, 12:28
I recall Massey University in NZ trained Garuda cadets a few years ago. Part of the agreement with Garuda required it to offer internships to selected Massey University flying instructors which included a 737 type rating and one or two years guaranteed first officer positions with Garuda. Their wages were bare bones but the instructors picked up the jet hours which in turn put them in a good position for other jet jobs. One of those instructors eventually flew with several 737 operators and is now a 737 captain in Australia.

There is no shortage of keen and enthusiastic Aussie flying instructors training Chinese airline cadets who would be happy to accept internships in China if the Australian flying schools could cut a deal with the Chinese. Unfortunately it probably won't happen as flying schools cut each others throats to win Chinese cadet training contracts.

hoopdreams
3rd Jun 2006, 12:33
Condensation....

China Southern cadets go to WA Flying College at Jandakot and Merridin..WA

China Eastern send there cadets to INTER AIR at Essendon airport Melbourne.

China Southern and China Eastern are two totally different companies mate

In fact they are not totally different, they are both state owned enterprises, but yes different livery.

rmcdonal
3rd Jun 2006, 12:41
An extra $100,000, per student due to the CASA increases in pilot charges. Thats just crap. Stop making up numbers. CASA maybe adding up on the cost side but it is no where near that number. Hell I could get a student from 0 to Frozen ATPL for $100,000 including CASA fees.

I would imagine the magor problem is the delay in waiting for the lic. to come back from CASA.

Bob Murphie
4th Jun 2006, 06:10
The rot set in before CASA charges.

Sources tell of some sort of Australian racial discrimination, against the Principal, and also that a director of the college at the time of all this was happening, witnessed something akin with Singapore, and now;

Believe it or not, is the Minister for Aviation in China.

Good luck to Canada. And don't ever play poker with a Chinaman.

The worms are still in the woodwork in Australia though.

almostthere!
4th Jun 2006, 10:02
Where on earth did that last post come from?????? Talk about whipping out the brush and tarring everyone you can!! Just because we have a big operator in Australia does not mean they deserve respect, they have to earn it. It would be interesting to see what you actually meant about racism instead of unsubstantiated rumours.

hoopdreams
5th Jun 2006, 05:21
What factors indicate that the motives are racial? I've lived in China for 2 years and I found elements of the Chinese government to be one of the most racist I've ever encountered. People of non Chinese decent cannot become citizens, even if they were born there, or one of their parents is Chinese they are deemed as alien residents. Furthermore, foreigners are still regularly subject to discriminate policies and unacceptable public behaviour, however things are getting better. Chinese bureacracies wouldn't hesitate to rip off some foreign organisation trying to functon within the Chinese system. But the biggest form of discrimination in China is directed at internal migrant workers, socially and economically.

I don't understand the specifics with the CASA/China issue, and if it is racial then that disgusts me. But I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

MakeItHappenCaptain
8th Oct 2006, 13:33
I've heard Lloyd's requires 50% Western flight crew as a condition of insurance for asian int'ls. Is that racist too?:hmm:

neville_nobody
8th Oct 2006, 14:09
Cannot imagine that the weather in Canada is going to be condusive to good flying training. With such extreme temperatures you also have days where you cannot fly pistons as the temps are to low. Not to mention icing problems, snow, freezing rain, etc. How many days are they going to lose due weather??

I thought one of the reasons they chose Australia is because we generally have good weather all year round and not too much of the nasty stuff. Anyways if you look at their website the students are already up and running in thier courses and the second group arriving soon.

neville_nobody
9th Oct 2006, 06:03
http://www.mfc.nb.ca