PDA

View Full Version : George Warren

virgo
8th May 2006, 19:55
Does anyone know, or have recollections of George Warren, a long-term helicopter man from the RAF, Kuwait and civil training schools ?

If so, maybe they'd like to Private Message me ?

spinwing
9th May 2006, 02:19
Was George a ground instructor at Oxford around May/June 1980 ?....

My memory is not so "Gin Clear" these days ...???

:)

Up & Away
9th May 2006, 14:22
recollections of George Warren
I remember he was attempting a quick stop in a Long Ranger in Ottmoor!!!! He left the aircraft in a heap on the ground with injured passengers. But ...then was hailled a hero for walking to get help!!

virgo
9th May 2006, 15:40
Reason I'm asking is that George was a good friend of mine and is terminally ill in New Zealand. I wondered if any of his friends and colleagues wanted to regain contact ?

(You're quite right "up and away"...........but he didn't walk to get help, he RAN - with a broken back !!! Which made subsequent medicals a bit of problem)

Plank Cap
9th May 2006, 16:06
I remember George Warren from Trent Helicopters at Cranfield, late 80's. He went on to move to OATS at Oxford I believe. He took me for my first ever flight in a Bell 47, which if memory serves was somewhat older than myself. My recollection of him was that he was a lovely man, experienced instructor and a very capable part time amateur photographer. So sorry to hear of his illness. Blue skies George...........

TOT
9th May 2006, 19:52
CHECK YOUR EMAILS

Agaricus bisporus
9th May 2006, 21:39
Ps cofirm by PM that you got my e-mail.

Thanks,
AB

virgo
10th May 2006, 19:49
Thanks to everyone who responded. Sadly George died last night.

His wife, Rebecca, will be comforted by the kind tributes that have been made.

Thank you all. Virgo

pitchlink
10th May 2006, 21:26
George was one of my instructors at Oxford in 1990, and was in the Air Force with my father. A great instructor and a true Gentleman, he will be missed. My condolences to his family.