PDA

View Full Version : Russian Visa

CPTVOR
8th May 2006, 18:24
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience of visiting the Russian Embassy in London for the issue of a visa? Was wondering if its best to get there very early or arnt the queues that bad? Also, how long does the process take once you get to see the right people?

Many thanks

Nick

jollyboy
9th May 2006, 02:26
You can always get the visa on arrival, but this does take some time and it really depeands on which airport you fly into. If you are a regular visitor then best to get a multiple entry visa from the embassy. Afraid I have no experience with the emabassy in London.

Cheers:8

Bumz_Rush
9th May 2006, 09:57
It is getting harder, as more people vist CIS, and RF, and the consulate gets slower and slower.

I waitied for two days in Q, having arrived 2 hours before opening time.

Then realised my time was reasonaby valuable, and the return train (peak) were excessive.

I used one of the visa services, the one I used, is based above the Aeroflot offices in London, and economic.

A quick search will locate the company.

Bumz

Daifly
9th May 2006, 19:58
CPTVOR - I know a man who takes all the hassle out, PM me.

HS125
11th May 2006, 18:19
Personally Ive been lots of times as a crewmember and the handling agent has always been able to arrange a visa on arrival with varying waiting times, I think it costs about $150 a time.

Bumz_Rush
12th May 2006, 07:04
as currently the handling agent must go to SVO, with your passport, if out of normal hours, and thus the entire crew must wait in aircraft until visa obtained. Yes it can be quick, but be ware the policy changes every few months.....Bumz

HS125
14th May 2006, 13:03
but be ware the policy changes every few months.....Bumz

okay agreed, but think its more of a policy change with the wind direction! :ugh: Ive normally been to SVO so have probably seen a better side of it?!

acuba 290
14th May 2006, 23:19
try to find any russian-owned touristic companies. This people mostly have good relationship with consulates and good conditions top get a visa cheapest and quickest way. It works in germany like this and other countries, i am sure it same in UK;)

Jinkster
16th May 2006, 22:20
I went to Moscow at a tourist in January and had no problems whatsoever with the visa (tourist visa).

http://www.rusemblon.org/

Fill out the form (on the website) and follow the instructions. You will also need a tourist voucer and Tourist conformation (these are provided by your hotel and generally fax them to you.

It was extremely easy to do - i posted them off and took all in all about 3days (i payed the minimum price!)

Jinkster :)