PDA

View Full Version : BAC Express Airlines

Air Hop
8th May 2006, 06:25
I see that G-CLAS has arrived at EXT with a brand new paint job:D

Is this the only a/c that operates scheduled mail / cargo flights for BAC or do they have other routes?

bacardi walla
8th May 2006, 08:39
I wonder if BAC will pick up more work now that Emerald have gone to the wall :confused:

EI-CGO
8th May 2006, 20:38
Very nice new scheme it is too :ok:

Looks like they are on the up now their Irish friends have left them alone.

bacardi walla
9th May 2006, 06:53
Still looking for a link to their website or some contact numbers. I assume they are still located near LGW or have they moved it all down to EXT :confused:

Any web link to the paint scheme :confused:

cwllpl
9th May 2006, 09:40
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1024440

Hope this works, if not search for g-clas on airliners.net

Germstone
9th May 2006, 20:20
mmm looks nice

do they have a dispensation for not displaying the registration on the fuselage

EI-CGO
11th May 2006, 10:24
I think that pic was taken before it was put into service.

It certainly had G-CLAS on it at STN the other day when we waved to them:O

pipertommy
18th May 2006, 07:18
Does anyone know the requirements for new-bees,is there set hours or TR required?Do they have any future plans?New bases?Thanks for any info.

Jenson Button
18th May 2006, 10:16
Unfortunately, with the demise of Emerald, there is zero chance of getting type rated on BACs or for that matter Aurigny's sheds. The only TRTO in the uk was Emerald for the mighty Shed and thats gone up in smoke now.

Who knows, Emeralds Sheds still had plenty of life left in them and were decent work-horses; There might be a buyer hovering in the wings to take the planes on. Which in turn, might require someone to get TRTO approval.

The answer to life, the universe and everything is ...........42

Jenson

pipertommy
18th May 2006, 10:30
Thanks Jenson.Would be nice to see something good coming out of something bad:ok:

Blue Coyote
2nd Jun 2006, 08:37
Emerald is not yet folded, only in administration. The AOC may have been lost but the TRTO is still valid and therefore in theory it would be possible to run a TRTO course for any type for which they hold approval. As this generates revenue you might find that it appeals to the administrators.:8

Air Mail
2nd Jun 2006, 09:34
Can't imagine people rushing to join a 748 or 360 course at the moment!!

FougaMagister
2nd Jun 2006, 16:09
Blue Coyote - Emerald did not have sims for either the Shorts 360 or the HS 748; they did the flight training in the actual aircraft (8 hours or so) - plus obviously the LST and the base training. Therefore I think they need the AOC to be valid in order to use the aircraft for that purpose - but then again, as Air Mail mentioned, what's the point?

Cheers :cool:

OPSQUEEN
7th Jun 2006, 13:42
Unfortunately, with the demise of Emerald, there is zero chance of getting type rated on BACs or for that matter Aurigny's sheds. The only TRTO in the uk was Emerald for the mighty Shed and thats gone up in smoke now.

Who knows, Emeralds Sheds still had plenty of life left in them and were decent work-horses; There might be a buyer hovering in the wings to take the planes on. Which in turn, might require someone to get TRTO approval.

The answer to life, the universe and everything is ...........42

Jenson

If anyone is thinking of setting up a TRTO organisation pm me please. I have the Manual, and having just been made redundant from Emerald on Monday, I'm not doing a lot at the moment.......:bored:

pipertommy
11th Jun 2006, 09:07
So how will pilots be sourced for work on shorts 360 now?

G-WHOT
12th Jun 2006, 14:17
I believe BAC Express have moved out of BAC House in to the business centre at Worth Corner? End of an era in Horley!

pipertommy
16th Jun 2006, 11:36
Is this a sign off expansion?

bacardi walla
24th Jun 2006, 08:15
Nice to see a revamped website now up and running. Might be my settings, but are the pages a little small :confused: www.bacexpress.com

This move recently, is it for the entire company, or are there plans for another "operational move" :confused:

Good luck to all at BAC, nice to hear good news for once :D

pipertommy
24th Jun 2006, 14:37
Is on my screen to.Nice paint job on the A/C.Are they setting up any new bases with this relocation of HQ?

Blue Coyote
1st Jul 2006, 22:03
Blue Coyote - Emerald did not have sims for either the Shorts 360 or the HS 748; they did the flight training in the actual aircraft (8 hours or so) - plus obviously the LST and the base training. Therefore I think they need the AOC to be valid in order to use the aircraft for that purpose - but then again, as Air Mail mentioned, what's the point?

Cheers :cool:

My reply is now completely irrelevant as there are now no ground instructors or TRI/TRE's, however you do not need an AOC for a TRTO. TRTO comes under JAR FCL and the Ops side of life comes under (not surprisingly) JAR OPS. In theory you can run a TRTO completely independently without actually having an operation. When I made the post it was possible to get the rating as groundschool function and flight training function still existed regardless of the AOC. :}