PDA

View Full Version : ATP Exams Caa/FAA??

Vlamgat
8th May 2006, 06:15
Yellow Gentle Busdrivers

Does anyone know exactly what is going to happen In January with the new ATP System in place?? I have heard that there will now only be one Exam from PPL to ATP, Students will write the ATP examinations and will then be issued a frozen ATP. So after the test they will be issued with the Comm License. Comm pilots at this stage still has to write the ATP, they will have six months to complete all subjects and may write as many times as they wish, however should you not complete it in six months, your first witten exam will expire and the others will follow within the six month timeframe.

That's all fair and well if this is true, But now I've heard that the FAA Has said that the SA exams are not up to standard, and I believe that there is a CAA delegation in the States getting the new system sorted out.

So if there is anyone out there with some facts it woulld be appreciated if you could share with us!!

Fly Safe!
Aginnintonnixadaykeepsadoctaaway!

B200Drvr
8th May 2006, 17:30
Vlammie,
Dont think you will get a straight answer for awhile, as I dont think CAA know whats going on. I have heard the 14 exams at one time like the JAR system FATPL rumour this week, but I am a gambling man and I would'nt put a cent on it.

Flyer14
8th May 2006, 19:55
Does this mean that those of us who went and wrote the ATP subjects but still need a couple hundred hours did so for nothing? Have I wasted my time (and money) passing these exams or is there light at the end of the tunnel?:uhoh: :confused: :{ Don't see how the FAA could call our exams below standard, sure the database is archaic, some of the questions not all that relevant but you do learn about aviation and they are not easy too pass. Anyone seen the FAA exams? I have and they are piss easy compared to what we got.

AC690
9th May 2006, 06:38
On my last reneal the DE told me that the exams were going the JAR standard and the practical flight test the FAA route. Best advice is to get it done ASAP!!

B200Drvr
9th May 2006, 16:06
Flyer14,
Dont mistake the fact that you can buy the FAA ATP questions for the written being easy, it is just as difficult as any SACAA written if you study and dont use the Gleim question bank. The difference is, it is all subjects combined into one written, it is divided into Part 135 & 121 so you can write an ATP exam to suit your flying needs, and the oral makes sure you have no lack of knowledge.
I have the full FAA ATP test on computer if anyone thinks they can pass it first time

flyingmogul
9th May 2006, 19:22
Hi, I'd like a copy of that, it is always good to have more info.

could you please mail me the copy?

[email protected]

thanks

Flyer14
10th May 2006, 20:51
B200

Didn't mean to offend but it's just my opinion. I know the FAA flight test really puts the guys through their paces. Anyone I'd also appreciate a copy if you could accommadate, [email protected]. Thanx!:ok:

B200Drvr
11th May 2006, 08:20
Flyer14
No offence taken at all, people just miss understand the different systems, they both work for different reasons. I just prefer the FAA system as most of the stuff you study for a written gets forgotten, if you study it to be questioned and have to explain your answer, you just seem to retain more.
The ATP exam I have is on disc, I cannot email it.