PDA

View Full Version : Testicular cancer on EK Airbus fleet?

Keith Discovering
7th May 2006, 06:53
I was at the clinic the other day and heard that four Airbus pilots have just been diagnosed with testicular cancer. I hope this is not fact, but I'd like to know so I can find out whether this is a fleet related problem, or just a quirk of fate. Four guys on one fleet sounds pretty severe.

If true, I wish the guys concerned a swift recovery.

Cheers

Keith

kingoftheslipstream
7th May 2006, 07:00
I only heard of one factual case.

I don't know the individual, but I wish him a speedy and complete recovery (since the matter is becoming the subject of inquiry).

Payscale
7th May 2006, 08:38
Out off 7-800 pilots in their 30-50's, that probably very normal

FlyingCroc
7th May 2006, 16:29
You mean normal for the general male population or for pilots? :eek:

ETOPS
7th May 2006, 19:07
and heard that four Airbus pilots have just been diagnosed

Another item missing from life in the sandpit......Medical Confidentiality :confused:

ratpoison
7th May 2006, 19:17
Another item missing from life in the sandpit......Medical Confidentiality
Well, since the Doctors dont practice it, why should the Drivers ??:confused:

BYMONEK
7th May 2006, 22:05
Hardly a breach of confidentiality when no names were mentioned.

Muttley Crew
8th May 2006, 20:39
Might be a good idea to go down the sperm bank and deposit my millions... save for the future, just in case they cut off the gonads.

I want to make sure I have plenty more kids to inherit the vast fortune I'm accumulating in this job.

Oh yeah and do my bit in the breeding war I just realised is taking place.

Keith Discovering
9th May 2006, 07:07
Well i've been away for a few days and saw Etops post. I would like to confirm that NO confidentiality was ever breached. If there is a trend, especially one as serious a testicular cancer, a Dr or Nurse has a duty to inform and question their patients. Backing up their questioning with medical statictics is not any breach of confidentiality, it's called being professional.

It'd be nice to know if this is a fleet wide problem. If NO 777 pilots have been diagnosed, then the Airbus fleet or lifestyle maybe at fault. Food for thought.

Muttley Crew
9th May 2006, 08:49
Maybe it's the order of The Universe being asserted... airbus pilots, being on a girl's airplane, evolve toward a ball-less state.

Chimbu chuckles
9th May 2006, 09:09
:ok: :}

Love it!!!!:p

kingoftheslipstream
10th May 2006, 05:22
How could a Boeing pilot possibly get cancer in something he doesn't have?

"If we weren't crazy... we'd all go insane!" hee hee

AVIATOR757
10th May 2006, 10:30
So now thw Hair dressers have the audacity to comment on b*lls. :{

AIMS by IBM
11th May 2006, 10:35
Maybe these guys have nothing at all.

If these boys are are not very liked by management then this is the way they will go..........has been done before