PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream SAV Hanger fire

Bumz_Rush
6th May 2006, 18:40
There was a "small" amount of damage to a clients aircraft, does anyone know the real truth.

Bumz

Daifly
9th May 2006, 20:03
From the rumour mill and therefore "alledgedly":

I can't remember what they said the mechanic was doing, but he was cleaning something wearing an oxygen mask. When he took it off whatever he was doing didn't get on well with the O2 coming out of the mask and it (alledgedly - Gulfstream have more money for lawyers than I do) caused a flash fire which engulfed the rear section of a (I believe) Luton-based G550.

The back of the aircraft was superficially damaged (smoke etc), but the problem was that the hell hole door was open - so they don't know where the flames got to inside.

Closed everything down for at least 24 hours - if spares shipment was anything to go by.

Will be interesting to see whether the G550 owner wants it back or not after that...

FLEXJET
10th May 2006, 13:48
I see that VP-BLA arrived april 18th @ SAV.
FBI has to investigate whether or not the mechanic was -or will be given- Arcelor shares before or after the incident... :}

Caledonian
10th May 2006, 16:19
bit off topic but did anyone ever see pictures of G-GMAC at Teterboro after it had an incident and is it flying again yet????

Bumz_Rush
10th May 2006, 20:37
in the rumour, that vp-bla is to be replaced by vp-bbq....... bumz

Daifly
10th May 2006, 22:03
It's certainly an expensive way of smelting steel...

FLEXJET
11th May 2006, 06:54
bit off topic but did anyone ever see pictures of G-GMAC at Teterboro after it had an incident and is it flying again yet????

I have never seen a single picture of this accident.
I believe however that the aircraft is writen off.

Fried_Chicken
14th May 2006, 20:29
The owners of G550 VPBLA are currently using a N reg'd G550 out of Luton

Fried Chicken

G4G5
14th May 2006, 23:34
I saw the aircraft 2 weeks ago. It was a wheel well fire. Maint was cleaning the wheel well area with alchol after doing some maintenance. Someone in the cockpit was doing some electrical checks (the aircraft was in for a maint check). The spark caused the alchol to ignite. From what I saw their was quite a bit of damage in the wheel well area.