PDA

View Full Version : Regional Express Short CC?

Lasiorhinus
6th May 2006, 04:25
While trawling the depths of the Regional Express (REX) website, I notice on their Flight Attendant Recruitment page, they have a MAXIMUM height for applicants of 173cm.
Does this sound normal, or am I not alone in thinking this is a little on the short side for an UPPER limit? Rex operate Saab 340s, so perhaps my towering :yuk: 180 cm means I will be forever whacking my noggin on the inside of the aircraft :{ ..
How strict are they at this? Following the links through, the Rex application form itself lists 175cm as the maximum... :confused:

ozangel
6th May 2006, 07:10
Hey lasi,

I used to work on the ground for Rex, I am exactly 173cm tall, and my hair used to brush along the ceiling inside the SAABs. I have short hair too, and didnt make a habit of wearing big shoes.

At 180, im sorry to say you will end up looking like the hunchback of notre dame after a few weeks.

SkySista
7th May 2006, 06:46
I think you'll find most regionals have around 175 as the upper limit... a/c like the Saab, Brasilia etc tend to get uncomfortable if you're over that, you'll be forever bending your head to one side...

tiggerific_69
7th May 2006, 13:19
i work for a company that operates regional jets,and one base is embraer 145 only.one of the crew members was working on the 145 for years then suddenly decided he was too tall to work on it,so he now tours out of other bases operating on a slightly larger aircraft!

fourplay
7th May 2006, 18:42
Silly me I took title as in short of cabin crew!...:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Can be taken two ways.

skyhigh782
8th May 2006, 05:17
Any idea when REX in ADL will be recruiting next or how often they do? What are the conditions and pay like?

star84
8th May 2006, 05:25
hey skyhigh782
there was an advertisement on www.careerone.com.au just a few days ago for ADL based flight attendants! I will post the info
FLIGHT
ATTENDANTS
Regional Express Airlines, Australia's largest independent regional airline, are seeking true professionals to be our ambassadors, in the role of Flight Attendant, Adelaide based.
We require all applicants to possess the following:
Max. height of 173 cm
Current First Aid Certificate or receipt of booking
Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate or receipt of booking
HSC or equivalent
Customer service experience preferred
To apply, please register on-line
with Staff CV at:
www.cabincrew.staffcv.com
by 4th of May 2006
This ad appeared in The Adelaide Advertiser on 22/APR/06
see ad description
Adelaide, SA Australia
it says it closes on the 4th of May, but put in your application anyway, and they may still give you a chance to go to a recruitement day!! Good luck!!

skyhigh782
8th May 2006, 05:37
Thanks star84. I had applied a couple of months ago and have just updated my application today so fingers crossed!! Appreciate your reply.

gigglesnlol
18th May 2006, 12:07
gosh guys... i haf the opposite problem... m vertically challenged and cant get into the airlines i want to get into :ugh: may there be more REXs around