PDA

View Full Version : No ATPL, still hope?

Northernaviator
5th May 2006, 20:21
Hi all! I am one of those who havent gotten their ATPL. What I have is a CPL/IR/ME with 750 tt. Can anybody tell me, is there still hope or am I a lost cause!

Have a good one...
Northernaviator

MAX Cruise
7th May 2006, 18:35
Hi, if you like to get a commercial job(big jets) you need Atpl, good luck:}

deice
8th May 2006, 22:16
Lost? Not quite but even though several jobs don't require ATPL theory or ATP license, most if not all airlines and charter operators state so in their Ops manuals.
I suppose it's to look good before the CAA and any customer that might give a damn...

Jobs that you could take include PA-31 taxi operations, or corporate turboprops, or even jets I presume.
What's stopping you from getting the ATPL theory written off? All it takes is 12 months and about 3700 euros...:hmm:

low n' slow
9th May 2006, 18:24
Most Type Ratings require that the applicant hold ATP written. I guess you could fly legally as a FO but as the problems start at the TR stage I guess there are very few operators that would accept you.
There are quite a few schools doing distance learning programmes for the ATP exams and if you mooch around a bit you should be able to find some reasonable prices. Also I see you dont hold MCC which is also in most cases, a requirement to start a TR so I suggest you get this.

You have a fair amount of total time and once you hold all the papers, you should be in a good position to get a job. Perhaps not good, but a lot better than the "just over 200's" out there...

Good luck/ LnS

deice
13th May 2006, 09:25
In theory you could do MCC with TR I believe...