PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Flight Dispatch and Operations

Just another student
5th May 2006, 15:52
Hope somebody might be able to help.

Does anyone know of any jobs currently available or going to be made available in Operations or Flight Dispatch? Although based near EMA I would re-locate south, so anything at BHX/STN/LHR/LGW etc would interest me. I am keeping my eye out on the usual websites, however I was just wondering if anyone had some inside knowledge?

Please feel free to PM me.

Cheers :)

JAS

Leezyjet
6th May 2006, 17:16
Most airlines only recruit Dispatchers from with-in.

You could try Bmi at LHR. It's possible to start as a Pax agent and make it into dispatch in around 18 months

:)

Just another student
16th May 2006, 13:07
Thanks for the reply. I really don't like the idea of customer services again. It would really be a step backwards time / career-wise as I am looking for a role which will allow me to mingle with Flight Crew etc with the hope of gaining airline contacts.

Just as a matter of interest, which ground handling companies employ inhouse Flight Dispatchers? I have tried searching the web, but with no luck.

Cheers

Leezyjet
16th May 2006, 20:43
Servisair, Globeground, Groundstar, Aviance all employ Dispatchers externally especially at airports with lots of charter flights where they even take people on seasonally.

I'd get onto them ASAP and try and get in before the Summer Season starts fully.

:ok: