PDA

View Full Version : EK - So Desperate For Pilots Yet No Women!

FlyingSpanner
5th May 2006, 14:55
If EK is so desperate for pilots, why wont they open their eyes to the possibility of actually employing women pilots.

Everyone else outside of the middle east, and even Air Arabia have women. There is a shortage and a pool of people to fill it.

Should they not just bite the bullit and employ a fleet with only women to make sure there is no conflict? The A310 fleet or something like that. No famale/male relationship problems?

Just a theory!

Spanner

Muttley Crew
5th May 2006, 17:57
Some of the guys I've flown with are just like old women.

sec 3
5th May 2006, 18:00
OK Spanner,we'll let you be the first f/o to sit beside one of those female captains.Have fun buddy!!

FlyingSpanner
5th May 2006, 18:07
Sitting next to a woman telling you what to do is just like driving anywhere in the car with the girlfriend. Being paid to do it would be an absolute pleasure, and you dont have to put up with her after the flight has ended! :}

CK2
6th May 2006, 01:50
The thing is that most women probably never want to fly here. It is difficult enough for them in "normal" airlines with intelectually retarded machos next to them. Here in the ME methinks we have a bit of an increased level of testosterone compared to other areas.

And even if some did want to fly here they wouldn't be enough to fill the gap.

CDRW
6th May 2006, 01:56
I think that it may be for their own safety that EK don't employ the fairer sex. Come to think of it, does Etihad, Qatar or Gulf??

PPRuNeUser0199
6th May 2006, 02:14
Gulf has a female pilot.:ok:

Roadtrip
6th May 2006, 02:23
There's no shortage of pilots, per se. Just a shortage of pilots who are willing to put up with their attitude and treatment.

puff m'call
6th May 2006, 05:24
At least the jet engine stops whining when the fuel control switch is place in Cut Off!!!!:E

Payscale
6th May 2006, 08:22
yes..but the FO continues all the way to CBC :}

Muttley Crew
6th May 2006, 09:59
...a shortage of pilots who are willing to put up with their attitude and treatment.Sounds like you guys have been flying with the wrong sorts of wimmin pilots. Never had any attitude from them, meself.....

BYMONEK
6th May 2006, 13:25
Actually Mutley, i'd imagine that all the negative comments are from the 'aviators' who've NEVER flown with a women and find it hard to accept they might be just as capable. Shock, horror ! :eek:

In my experience, the bigoted and sexist views of some ignorant people in this still male dominated profession, dictate that most women have to perform better than average to prove their worth. All the lasses i've had the pleasure to fly with have certainly been above average. Umm, except one, but she did have a lovely pair of **** so I didn't mind...........well, I am a bloke after all ! :D

Lite Bulb
6th May 2006, 14:59
I hear there is one in the EKcadet programme at the moment.

Flew with lots in a former life. 3 types

1. below average but great bod so will always be in work
2. Average, great to fly with just like all the rest of us
3. Thinks they are above average and a pain in the :mad:

Come to think of it, the males fall into exactly into the same catagories but group 1 won't necessarly always be in work:D

FlightIdle
6th May 2006, 15:27
At a recent EK information day I recall them saying that they would like to have one of their own as the first female pilot before they employ outside of Dubai. They still encouraged wemon to apply.

FI

gatvol2006
6th May 2006, 17:14
You all know what WIFE stands for!!!!! So do you really wan't one of those in the RHS? CC flirters, money grabbers etc. Sad but this is where I have to say hahoo, EK keep it up, positive for once! P.S. I'm not gay!!! Boyz only luvin it :ok:

CAYNINE
6th May 2006, 19:36
Gatvol.....What the.....!

You the same intelligent individual that wrote to 7 days about Sth Africans????

Have flown with many Femmes in a past life, and like male pilots there are the good the bad and the ugly, most have got where they are by doing the hard yards like everyone else. A few have made the mistake of thinking that they are special and have to climb the ladder by using whatever means they can.:hmm:

Muttley Crew
7th May 2006, 03:28
All the lasses i've had the pleasure to fly with have certainly been above average.
Sounds like an awesomely professional airline. But if they are all above average, doesn't that mean they are all average.... :rolleyes:

BYMONEK
7th May 2006, 05:24
Muts

I was with you on this argument in case you'd not realised!

If you read my last sentence you'd see that not ALL the girls were above average. The 'dodgy one' got through because she was anything but average in the looks dept. And she new it!

oryxbollocks
8th May 2006, 09:23
Qatar Airways has a number of female pilots. The one I have flown with here is a professional and capable pilot who is about to start her command training.

I have no doubt that she will pass.

And I agree with Bymonek. Those with the negative comments have never flown with a female pilot or they wouldn't be showing their ignorance in the matter.

GB

Andu
8th May 2006, 13:14
I was speaking to one of the recruiting team recently. He said he expects to see expat female pilots in EK by the end of the year. No insult implied to the ladies, but it's not a question of whether they want them, but more one of taking anyone they can get.

Whether any are prepared to come here remains to be seen.

God help them if they come here believing Brian Murray's "company press release".

Oblaaspop
8th May 2006, 13:32
BYMONEK,

I don't suppose you're talking about a girl called Jo are you?

Cracking looking bird with little 'battery tits' (AA), Sh1t pilot however!!!

BYMONEK
8th May 2006, 17:50
Mmmm.............Now that WOULD be telling, wouldn't it! ;)

galactica
8th May 2006, 20:40
It's confirmed, I know a girl who went for the USA interview, and sahe has now been called for the all chabang 3 days interviw. Dono yet where it s gonna happen. It s for an FO job thow.

Muttley Crew
8th May 2006, 20:44
It'll be a real bizarre change to see all the sleazy Lebostani male-hosties suddenly interested in visiting the cockpit for the first time ever, if they even know where it is...

I wonder if these chicks (pilots) will be as doey-eyed as the hosties, falling for all the same tired old lines these lebs pull out of their @rses about the stars in their eyes and all that...:rolleyes:

Oh my, what a wonderful bedside manner you have Muttley! I was tempted to edit your post but will let you take the brunt of the inevitable storm from outraged Lebanese feminists. 4HP

Blue-Footed Boobie
9th May 2006, 08:33
Perhaps female pilots have the required grey matter to know that Emirates would be a mistake.

Blue Foot

sec 3
10th May 2006, 16:56
Dont know about you Mutt, but if I never again saw one of our sky-fags in the cockpit, I wouldn't be sad.:E