PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide B767 diversion due loss of oil

VTS
5th May 2006, 09:35
I know that I hardly ever post on here but thought that I would share this little snippet with you guys.......

It seems that CE's 767 had to do an emergency landing somewhere in central Africa (could not get exact location) after an engine, which apparently had been changed the day before in Amsterdam, had to be shut down after most of the oil leaked out........this was en-route from LGW to JIA. I am not sure of exactly when but either late last night or early this morning.

Now please dont shoot the messenger this is as I recieved it ok ?

dr27
5th May 2006, 11:57
:) perhaps a case of another flyingdutchman goen missing...

:cool: Don't find anything offensive in your mail and suprised at your commetns about being shot down in flames for merely stating what you heard ???

ballin
5th May 2006, 14:49
Is there any more news on the aircraft?. An eta for JIA would be appreciated. I am awaiting a friend who was on the plane. Any help will be appreciated, thanks:confused:

Shrike200
5th May 2006, 16:49
Should be landing or have already landed about now, 1830 or so SA time. A bit of a guess, based on what I heard, but anyway.

tamboekie
5th May 2006, 21:47
Nationwide has an amazing track record and recovers amazing well from these incidents that affect all airlines ZS-PBI is currently alittle behind shedule. however on the way to LGW. viva 767-300 ER

tired
6th May 2006, 15:09
Any idea where it diverted to, and how it all went on the ground? (I ask as someone who operates through Africa fairly regularly - always good to hear the latest about various possible div airports.)

Ta,
t

Boeing Rules
7th May 2006, 05:37
It landed in Bangui which is on the south side of Central Africa. apparantly the security at the airport was extremely high, with guns and all.
safe flying.

http://aviation.weathersa.co.za/africa.htm

tired
7th May 2006, 09:39
Thanks BR. Not surprised the security was tight, the CAR seems to be in the middle of a civil war at the moment! Well, civil unrest, anyway!

If anyone happens to speak to the crew involved I'd be very interested to hear what engineering support was available, whether the navaids worked, whether they accepted a carnet for fuel, etc etc. Also keen to hear from anyone who's been to N'djamena lately - it's a dozen years since I've been in that part of the world.

Yebongo mkhula!
t