PDA

View Full Version : New 747-300 operator..

MagentaLine
5th May 2006, 09:32
Does anybody know who the operator of a B747-300 which was painted the same color beige that Asiana aircraft are painted? The aircraft I saw had a US flag on the fuselage and whose tail logo was a circle with a pennant in it (kind of a combination of the NWA & Boeing logo). Maybe Cargo 360? :confused:

aerotransport.org
5th May 2006, 23:33
Cargo 360:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1023921/L/

MagentaLine
6th May 2006, 00:28
Thanks Aerotransport. The one I saw was all beige and didn't have any Cargo 360 lettering nor aft fuselage graphics. Maybe it was recently acquired from Asiana and didn't have the fuselage painted yet?

aerotransport.org
6th May 2006, 01:08
Asiana never had 747-300. It could help if you say where/when you saw your aircraft.
/A

Heilhaavir
6th May 2006, 02:07
360 is only getting airplanes from KAL although maybe they should knock on AAWH's door :)

747Flyer
7th May 2006, 08:07
Thanks Aerotransport. The one I saw was all beige and didn't have any Cargo 360 lettering nor aft fuselage graphics. Maybe it was recently acquired from Asiana and didn't have the fuselage painted yet?

That beige looks silver to me...red/silver/white. Saw it in ANC last week. Cargo 360 in big letters on the fuselage.

captjns
10th May 2006, 09:21
I may be wrong, but I don't think they are certified yet. When applying for a job with them, they clearly state "Any attempt to contact them by phone will preclude the applicant from being interviewed". When applying online with CARGO 360, you need to provide a great deal of personal information including your social security number. With theft identity you should beware… don't fall into the trap of giving your personal information for pie in the sky.

While I am not suggesting, nor implying any improprieties within the company management, but any reputable company will be more than happy to take your calls, and provide you with information before starting the formal application process, without any repercussion.

It doesn’t make a difference from what walk of life management has comes from.

After all, remember ENRON?

Bill Lumbergh
10th May 2006, 19:54
Sometimes paranoid people make me laugh.

Cargo360 is legit. No ID Theft scam I assure you.

While I won't go into a great deal of detail regarding this start up, it is legit and real. Staffed by real people who know what they are doing.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you.

Bill

captjns
10th May 2006, 23:50
Sometimes paranoid people make me laugh.

Cargo360 is legit. No ID Theft scam I assure you.

While I won't go into a great deal of detail regarding this start up, it is legit and real. Staffed by real people who know what they are doing.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you.

Bill

Yes... and kool aide drinkers just make me shake my head. Anyway truly not a respectable way for a start up way to embark on a new endeavor when looking for qualified employees. If 360 threatens prospective employees before they are engaged in gainful employment... one can only imagine how charming the atmosphere will be when employees make simple enquiries.:bored:

ebt
11th May 2006, 06:31
Captjns, this is actually standard procedure in many industries. Can't say I've applied for a pilot's position (yet), but it is to keep things accountable and deals with a lot of Equal Employment Opportunity stuff. I don't think it would reflect the wider culture of the airline, as its one of those, "just in case we get sued by an applicant" type thing. So go ahead and apply with confidence:ok:

captjns
11th May 2006, 10:37
Captjns, this is actually standard procedure in many industries. Can't say I've applied for a pilot's position (yet), but it is to keep things accountable and deals with a lot of Equal Employment Opportunity stuff. I don't think it would reflect the wider culture of the airline, as its one of those, "just in case we get sued by an applicant" type thing. So go ahead and apply with confidence:ok:

The EEOC has no control, nor does it care under which mediem to be used, how applications for employment are to be completed.

It may be common practice in the land down under where the water flows in the opposite direction in the biffy… but in my 30 years doing this thing call aviating, I have never seen this type of practice. They’ve been at it since the spring of 2000, on and off, using this method.

Hey… aren’t you interested in the folks that are going to lead you into the skies? Especially a new start up carrier that has no track record?

Folks, before applying with a start up carrier, don’t be afraid to perform your own due diligence on your prospective employer. Perform Google searches on the principal characters and the company itself. After all, they will have to perform a background check on you too as required by the Pilot Record Improvement Act.

360 could be the most honest, caring, compassionate employer on the planet. All I am saying is don’t be in a rush to provide vital information blindly.

I know, you may rebut, what about when you apply for a credit card on line. You can’t compare providing vital information to Master Card, or American Express, which are known entities to a Johnny-Come-Lately.

bafanguy
11th May 2006, 12:55
[COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
[SIZE=3][FONT=]Folks, before applying with a start up carrier, don’t be afraid to perform your own due diligence on your prospective employer. Perform Google searches on the principal characters and the company itself. After ]

I suppose this is pretty good advice, so maybe I can give you a bit of info: all the management of this outfit are alumni of my former airline. While I do not know them personally, I am certainly long aware of their experience/track record in the flight ops realm. They are all very experienced, talented people whose integrity need not be put up for discussion.

If one disagrees with the application methodology, then by all means don't apply. This is a personal choice. There would be no way for most to be particularly familiar with the gentlemen running this outfit so I am providing my small bit of knowledge, FYI.

Whether they have sufficient business acumen remains to be seen.

And, no, I am not applying ( too old/disinterested ) nor do I have any financial stake in this company.

Hope this sheds a little light.

captjns
11th May 2006, 13:57
Whether they have sufficient business acumen remains to be seen.

and, no, I am not applying ( too old/disinterested ) nor do I have any financial stake in this company.

My point is that pilots in need of a job should never lose sight, nor be impressed with the fact the the current management comes from other walks of life. That does not label them as good bad or indifferent. These former airline execs were looking for jobs too.

All I am is saying is be careful... thats all. As Sy Simm said "Be an educated consumer". Don't be lured into false hopes or sense of secuirty. A number of airlines were started by individuals with a lot of experience with previous carriers such as the second National Airlines, Kewee, I forget the name of the 737 operator out of Colorado, but they were labled as the flying billboard airline headed by Ed Beauvais, Trans Maridian... etc. Where are they now?

SRS
13th May 2006, 23:00
Well, Well, these experienced airline start up crews screwed up so badly that the FAA has stopped the process until the airline can train it's crews!

The airplane has been parked in ANC for a while now.

I'm sure KAL must be less than satisified!

Heilhaavir
14th May 2006, 01:19
Congrats to 360!

There will always be someone out there to bad mouth a "startup", human nature :rolleyes: It's always better where one is, best training, best hotels, most experienced crews, etc,etc........:D The same people usually end up at the carrier they've slammed in the past once their own operation leaves the scene :p

I don't work there but I wish the 360 guys and gals good luck! You all have a top notch ground handling team in ICN.

Cheers

747Flyer
14th May 2006, 05:11
Well, Well, these experienced airline start up crews screwed up so badly that the FAA has stopped the process until the airline can train it's crews!

The airplane has been parked in ANC for a while now.

I'm sure KAL must be less than satisified!

Not quite so sure that is the case...they were doing FAA Proving Flights for the last two weeks. I'm told they got their certificate last Thursday and have started operations.

bafanguy
14th May 2006, 12:45

!

SRS,

Can you post a link to the article/documentation that verifies the "...FAA has stopped the process until the airline can train its crews..." ?

That's a pretty definitive statement so you must have documentation of the facts.

captjns
14th May 2006, 14:11
I went to the http://www.djc.com/gifs/DJC.COMlogo.gif (http://www.djc.com/) web site to do a search of the above article, and came up with naught on Cargo 360.

Earl
15th May 2006, 22:48
Good Luck Cargo 360!
Competition is a good thing!