PDA

View Full Version : BA Connect Salary

Boofers
4th May 2006, 13:43
Hi, does anyone out there work as Cabin Crew for BA Connect out of Southampton? I have been offered a job there and am prepared to leave Virgin as a Purser to take the position with BA. Just wondered if I'll be paid as well as I am at Virgin? Would be interested to know the take-home pay per month. :hmm:

marlowe
5th May 2006, 17:59
Forget any idea that you will be on equal or better pay than a virgin purser!!!!!!

Boofers
5th May 2006, 20:23
I seem to remember you from last year, when I was going to take the job and you were really down on the airline - others were saying that if you hated it so much, maybe you should leave? Have you had any more thoughts about whether or not to stay at BA Connect? If you're still there, I guess you don't hate it all that much.... Also, if I remember correctly you aren't based out of Southampton? I think the working hours from eg Bristol are quite different to those from Southampton??:confused:

marlowe
6th May 2006, 12:39
just stating a fact you will not be on the same money or T&C as you are at Virgin, SOU base is a non Nightstop base and so you will not be earning the same as say MAN,BHX, or EDI .Southampton crew do not seem to be used much at other bases so you wont get nightstop money that way either. please dont think that by joining BA CONNECT you will recieve BA terms and conditions because you will not .

tiggerific_69
6th May 2006, 13:50
please ignore Marlowe,they have been very negative about BACON for a while now and need to either get over it or leave the company and fly for someone else.FACT.
your basic pay will be £10400 i believe at the moment with flight duty pay of £1.90ph for every hour you are checked into the system,and also comission on sales which is 10% of total takings divided by 2 crew,as it is an all embraer base so there will only ever be the 2 cabin crew!!
SOU is a lovely little base,as you have experience,there may be the possibility of a quick promotion to purser.The salary doesnt increase a huge amount,and obviously this depends on SOU's current staffing levels.The only way you would nightstop is if you were sent to work out of another base for a couple of days,ive seen a lot of SOU crew in BHX recently because weve been so short of crew and have had a couple of extra routes,plus we lost about 100 crew to mainline.Im pretty sure SOU used to do GLA nightstops,however nightstops have been reduced across pretty much the whole company apart from BHX where things havent changed.I will try and find out more information from a couple of people down in SOU and see what their take home pay is.But from a small base such as SOU you probably wont do more than 100 hours of work a month,simply because you dont nightstop and it's all domestic routes.Do the maths,and compare it to your take home salary now with VS,the decision is all yours,but good luck in whatever you do :)

marlowe
6th May 2006, 16:22
Tiggerific all you are doing is confirming what i said!!!!!! Sou is a small base nightstops are non existent the commision from BOB sales is not going to make a vast difference to your monthly salary, as you said there is not a big step up in wages once you are a purser,the point i was making was that if you join BACON thinking that you are going to be on mainline T&Cs and that you will be able to transfer to longhaul then you are going to be disapointed.

tiggerific_69
7th May 2006, 13:30
difference is ive tried to make it a bit more positive i.e being sent to other bases,working days off etc.

marlowe
7th May 2006, 13:38
Rare for Sou crew to be sent anywhere these days not sure if there is still a block on them being used out of other bases by crewing .T69 what you have to remember is that this is your first flying job and there are better T&Cs out there ,and people coming in from other airlines are surprised at BACON T&Cs alot of people assume it is the same as mainline.

tiggerific_69
7th May 2006, 13:53
oh trust me,i am aware of the better t&c's out there,however i am happy where i am and enjoying my job at BACON at the moment.there have been lots of people up in bhx recently from SOU and EDI mainly,and the odd few from MAN,it doesnt seem to be the same people coming up from SOU all the time either.