PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch/Flight Ops Training UK

IMC007
3rd May 2006, 17:19
Hi

Anyone able to guide me to any training organisations preferably in the UK who are able to provide training for Dispatch jobs or flight Operations jobs.

I have a fATPL and need to do something aviation related whilst waiting for that 1st aircrew job.

Thanks

Spitoon
3rd May 2006, 17:21
There's no formally recognised qualification for ops or dispatch in the UK (or elsewhere in Europe as far as I know).

IMC007
3rd May 2006, 17:36
So How does one get into Dispatch?

FormerFlake
4th May 2006, 12:26
Each company seems to define it's jobs in different way, there is no 'black and white' explanation of 'Dispatch', 'Ops' etc. Just apply for jobs and see what happens.

stibbs40
4th May 2006, 15:07
Hi there,

If there is anyone wanting to gain training in flight dispatch/loadmaster, there is a course hopefully starting in September 2006, 2 years part time, tuesday and thursday evenings, near Dublin Airport in Ireland. I enquired about this course and they need about 18 people minimum to start the course, up till now there is only 12 of us who have applied, so if you're keen, check out this web site www.dit.ie (http://www.dit.ie) and search for B150 flight dispatch course and you can contact a lady by the name of Susan Doyle on phone # +353 1 4023932. The course fees are about 1000 euros for year 1 and 800 euros for year 2 which is only one night a week training I think.

So come on guys, get over here and lets get the ball rolling!

If you need to ask any other info, you can contact me at [email protected]

Hope to meet up with you all on the course in September.

Cheers!:ok:

IMC007
5th May 2006, 12:28
Hi Stibbs

Thanks for the reply and info, however for me 2 years is too long, looking to do a full time course and therefore become employable this summer.

Thanks and good luck with your course in September.

fltopsdani
9th May 2006, 00:45
:ok: G’day
You can try Jeppesen academy. I did that in Dubai.
http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/index.jsp?section=JeppAcademy&content=JeppAcademy.jsp (http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/index.jsp?section=JeppAcademy&content=JeppAcademy.jsp)
Good course, good instructors. If you need more tell me.
:ok:
See you.

IMC007
9th May 2006, 13:46
Thanks Fltopsdani I'll give them a call and see whats what.

regards IMC007 :ok:

MOB P45
9th May 2006, 16:11
Dispatch Training

no sig
9th May 2006, 19:02
IMC007

If you have already done the ATPL studies then you have completed 99% of the syllabus of the ICAO flight ops officer/flight (not ramp) dispatchers licence. You would be able to complete the FAA Dispatchers licence with relative ease, US weather, FAR'S and the US AIM probable the only study required.

Although, you lack direct ops office expereince, this would come on the job in time. I would apply for any ops officer vacancies citing your fATPL. You might find some companies are concerned about taking fATPL's worried that they will skip at the first flying job that comes along. Have an answer to that question.

IMC007
9th May 2006, 19:18
Thanks no sig

Epsilon minus
9th May 2006, 19:21
Isn't it a pity that there is not a full time dedicated training facility for Ops personnel in the UK.
This forum seems to be fuelled solely on requests for " how do I become a dispatcher" "Where can I train"

HZ123
9th May 2006, 22:01
As one pruner has already stated I would be wary about investing monies in this as within the UK there are very few openings for FD. If you look on the CAA web you may also findf that the FD will dissapear to be replaced by a FDM (flight dispatch manager) as the the CAA audits have identified a flaw in the present system that no-one has responsibility in and around the a/c with the current FD spending more time at the boarding gates. As a 'duty of care' under UK & EU laws an FDM will eventually undertake this role with responsibility, accountability and skills to manager the staff & agencies in and around the aircraft.

Epsilon minus
10th May 2006, 07:43
HZ123
You've got the wrong end of the stick completely. I'm not talking about Ramp Dispatchers but Flight Dispatchers or Operations Controllers a defined in JAR OPS 1.195/1.205 . The two are completely different although the recommended syllabus (1.205) is ICAO 7192D3 will cover ramp dispatcher knowlege requirements as well ie w&b security (AAA). I believe there is a positive mood in the SRG towards a mandatory requirement for ops controller/flight dispatcher training both initial and recurrent and an embrace of 7192 D3. Have a look at the other threads that cover the same subject on this forum.
Regards
EM

no sig
10th May 2006, 13:36
HZ123 - We used to have that, the were called 'Redcaps', but alas that role has all but dis-appeared in my experience. İt is an important subject, but as EM has mention its not related to the subject we were talking about here, you can be forgiven for that as there is regular confusion on this forum between the terms Flight Dispatcher and flight (ramp) dispatch.
I really do think the title of this forum needs changed to reflect the wider airport ground handling handling audience that it attracts. Something which differentiates between ramp (dispatch) handling and ops control and flight dispatch.

Something like,
Operational Control/Flight Dispatch, Crewing and Ground Handling

Spitoon,

Just noticed your post, there is indeed a recognised qualification for Ops Officers and that is the internationally recognised ICAO Flight Operations Officer/Flight Dispacther licence to the Doc. 7192 D3 syllabus, although not yet a requirement in the UK, it forms the training syllabus for JAR and will do for EASA last I heard. The course is available from the Glasgow College of Nautical Studies and also used to be available from the Bolton Street College, Dublin.