PDA

View Full Version : Armenian A320 Crashes

Merlins Magic
3rd May 2006, 03:41
Just read on the Rumours and News page that the Armenian A320 that crashed into the sea was:

rego of the aircraft is EK32009
ex Ansett VH-HYO

MM

shocka
4th May 2006, 00:50
Affirmative......ex An.

Armenian TV relayed via SBS MEL carried quite a few shots of the aircraft in Ansett Australia livery together with a run down of recent A320 incidents.

Raider1
4th May 2006, 10:05
Sad end for an aircraft that im sure many pprune tech crews operated when in AN colours:ouch:

TooFiddy
4th May 2006, 17:33
Yes and quite a few pprune pilots, too.

Bad taste on behalf of the SBS crowd to kick Ansett's carcass with the footage though.

Oh and by the way, RIP all those who died in the crash, condolences to those who lost loved ones.

chockchucker
5th May 2006, 05:55
I fondly recall paxing on the aircraft in question (VH-HYO) from Syd to Mel only a week after it entered service in 1995. Can't beat that new smell.

A sad end for the an aircraft that might otherwise still be flying our skies. That said, it's only a machine and as such is replaceable. The people that were aboad it's final flight were not.

Condolences to all the relatives of the victims.:(

Joe McDermott
5th May 2006, 14:27
Photo of EK-32009 at www.irishairpics.com

DomeAir
5th May 2006, 21:52
In addition to ex HYO being destroyed, ex VH-HYS (now EK-32010 with the same airline, Armavia) was also destroyed last night in Brussels, one of three A320s that burnt in the fire there. Ironically, one of the other A320s that burnt was leased to another Armenian carrier...a bad week for A320s, especially from Armenia.

Gnadenburg
6th May 2006, 00:42
Do any of the ex-AN drivers recall if HYO had been through the CPIP and been modified to the standard where Flt Directors automatically reinstated on go around?

Oscar is gone and now Sierra. Where's the mighty Delta Dog? That heap of crap was definately built on a Friday.

Zigzag
6th May 2006, 08:29
If you mean the ex VH-HYD (I'm not up with the lingo!), It's operating as TS-INJ for Libyan Arab Airlines (sub-lease), after being leased to Nouvelair in Tunisia. I believe it is still owned in part by the Ansett Administrators.

oicur12
6th May 2006, 08:36
Gnads,

FD mods on HYO. I didnt think any of the AN machines had this but then a lot of beer has flown under the bridge in the last 5 years.

For info - HYI (i think it was I or maybe C) is floating around SEA for an airline based in LAOS. Still has the AN rego under the cargo doors. Kinda weird seeing it in BKK with AN stickers on the nose gear doors.

Life goes on dudes.

TooFiddy
6th May 2006, 09:38
ex VH-HYS...was also destroyed last night in Brussels, one of three A320s that burnt in the fire thereOnly three??? Well it's a start...:}
Do any of the ex-AN drivers recall if HYO had been through the CPIP and been modified to the standard where Flt Directors automatically reinstated on go around?Seriously Gnads....

swh
6th May 2006, 09:39
I hear that Sabena Technics Hangar 40 just went up in smoke. Damaged/destroyed inside was a C130, and two A320s. One of the A320s destroyed also belonged to Armenian.

Apparently the recent maintenance records for the crashed A320 were also damaged/destroyed in the hanger fire.

Gnadenburg
6th May 2006, 10:27
Seriously Gnads....

Serious question regarding the accident. The automatic selection of Flt Directors protects crews from the following- mode confusion, somato gravic illusion, speed tape disorientation, over pitching by following FPA instead of attitude on Go Around etc. Three of which may have been attributed to the GF 320 crash

I think Airbus realised the severity of the problem. CPIP addressed this, hence my question! :)

skywest_xr
6th May 2006, 11:02
The Amenian A320 lost in the hanger fire was also ex Ansett. VH-HYS.

Same airline, 2 ex Ansett skystars gone within a week.

VH-HYC now belongs to Lao Aviation. Smarttraveller.gov.au have travel warnings re flying Lao Aviation. I think they advise against flying yaks on there domestic routes. However, Paxd on the ex-skystar BKK - VTE 18 months ago.

Mekong Air was another Lao (???) start up, operating an ex-AN 733, charlie zulu something.....couple of ex AN guys were driving for them until it went under about a year ago.

chockchucker
6th May 2006, 11:20
"Apparently the recent maintenance records for the crashed A320 were also damaged/destroyed in the hanger fire."

Sounds like a sinister coincidence to me. Hope I'm wrong but, something smells. Hope we're not witnessing one of the ramifications of world's best(cheapest) maintenance practice here.

Buckshot
10th May 2006, 02:35
Wasn't it the AN 733 -CZD (Charlie Zule Dog) that was considered the lepper of the fleet? Apparently it had a tendency to fly sideways.
It was the first -300 in the world to be scrapped.

Escape_Slide
17th May 2006, 11:28
VH-CZN the 737-300 of Ansett Australia, used to fly with a timber like "creaking" sound of an old wooden ship when the autopilot was engaged and heading changes were made. :confused:

pakeha-boy
17th May 2006, 12:49
Gnads...would agree on the CPIP for sure......it resolved many problems ,sort of wondering why fiddy would question that,other than the fact he has no idea what CPIP,s is ....