PDA

View Full Version : new Skylite headphones (too much noise)?

rons22
2nd May 2006, 22:35
Hi there,

I recently purchased brand new Skylite headphones on Ebay and noticed a high level of noise during flight in two different aircrafts.
Would like to hear from other people if you had the same problem as I am considering sending it back?

Thank you

november.sierra
2nd May 2006, 22:49
I'm entirely satisfied with mine, especially given the bargain price. I haven't noticed any excessive noise, the only thing I did notice though, was quite a lot of recoil noise on some aircraft, but fiddling the squelch button usually did the trick after a while.

sparks-flying
3rd May 2006, 07:25
I bought some too and had the same problem, and have not used them since. I got them on e-bay and checked the feedback first and only bought them because they had something like 99.999% positive feedback.

They really do sound awful, I have not used them since. I have been saving them for when I take passengers up, but can't them lasting too long.

Sparks

littco
3rd May 2006, 08:03
I bought a pair of Ebay as well for my passengers. Used them for the 1st time at the weekend and they where dreadful! The amount of static feedback was appalling.

In the end I had to unplug the Microphone part of the headphone to get rid of the noise!

It seemed that everytime my passenger turn his head to look out the window the noise started. I have a feeling it is an over sensitive microphone in the headset with no noise cancelling! Unfortunately the Sqwelch didn't work either, so am going to see if there is something else that can be done!

I did only pay £40 for them so I wasn't really expecting them to be that great!

Coneja
3rd May 2006, 08:39
Buy cheap, buy twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There just isn't a short cut to getting a quality headset. I have had my David Clark headsets for 8 years now and in spite of constant abuse, the worst that has happened is that the foam rubber covering the mic has chafed through. Get a good headset, the cost is nothing on the scale of aviation things.