PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming the impossible dream?

tamboekie
2nd May 2006, 20:53
It has allways been a dream of mine to work in a foreign country.Cant cabin crew have a programme like the "student exchange programme"?
E.G. 2 cc from different parts of the world swop places for x amount of time.I know there will be a lot of red tape involved:* ,but if you are rated on the same type of aircraft,can speak the local lingo and do a quick conversion to comply with the host airline and country rules and regulations it does not seem impossible.:ok:

Virgin Boi
2nd May 2006, 21:49
Exactly what Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Blue have been doing for the past three years. The closing date for exchange number 4 has just passed.

stickyassteve
2nd May 2006, 21:52
Exactly what Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Blue have been doing for the past three years. The closing date for exchange number 4 has just passed.

Why are you interested in working for easyJet?

any help ppl?

SuperBoy
30th May 2006, 01:13
Cant cabin crew have a programme like the "student exchange programme"?

I stand to be corrected but VS have specific scheduling agreements to be able to transfer VS mainline crew to Virgin Blue.

do a quick conversion to comply with the host airline and country rules and regulations:ok:

Unfortunately according to CAA regulations, you would have to do a complete new entrant training course to be eligible to operate on a different carrier than the one you are currently operating for.
This is even relevant to charter crew being laid off for the winter months. If they join another airline they'd have to do another ab-initio and if they then decide to rejoin the original airline they'd have to do it all over again.

I think the FAA have similar regulations.

Then there is also the issue of the passport that you travel on. Most if not all uk based/european based airlines require you to have an eu passport.

A friend of mine is australian, he has a permanent right to remain visa for the uk, he applied to BA passed the interview with flying colours but in the end was not offered the job due to the fact that he had an australian passport and would need visas for certain distinations that they fly to.

There is also virtually no chance of flying in the states as you would most certainly need an american passport.

Unfortunately I do not know of any airline that does anything like what you suggested as it would probably cost them alot of money and as you stated there would be alot of red tape involved.

However this does not mean that it's not out there, I sincerely hope that you find it. :):):):)

Flying Fairy
30th May 2006, 08:49
Does anyone know what type of visa Virgin cabin crew on an exchange with Virgin Blue crew would require? Is it a working holiday visa? Or a more pemanent one for companies requiring staff? Thanks