PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed pls...

WinorWall24
2nd May 2006, 18:14
Hi,

I am new to the idea of becoming a pilot, i have done my own research, and also trailed through the search engines here.

I would like to ask a few questions.
Through my own research i have found that realistically the top few schools, are; OAT, Atlantic Coventry; Jerez, and CTC, but i feel the latter is not right for me. These schools from what i understand give you the best education giving you the best chance of passing, and together with that they are held within high regard when it comes to applying for future jobs. Please correct me if i am wrong.

One more issure for me is whether i do intergrated or modular. I have been through the negatives and positives here, one negative being that modular students get secondary treatment at the schools compared to the intergrated students. One question that i haven't found an answer to is whether your chances, as far as future employement is concerned, is less if you do a modular course.

Please help, your answers will be very useful too me.

speedrestriction
2nd May 2006, 18:42
An integrated course will in some instances give you first bite of the cherry with those (relatively few) airlines (and TRTOs) which canvass the larger schools on a regular basis for low houred pilots.

However, I recently completed a modular course at one of the larger schools and I now have an interview coming up.

You pays you money and takes your chance...

sr

WinorWall24
2nd May 2006, 19:17
Ok thanks for your help. I have now kinda narrowed the schools down to: OAT, Atlantic Coventry, and FTE Jerez. Are there any others i should look at ? Obviously the school choice might differ depending on if i do an integrated or modular course. (Bearing in mind I want to go from Zero to frozen ATPL)

Re-Heat
2nd May 2006, 20:30
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

Read; digest; come back and ask questions afterwards.

WinorWall24
2nd May 2006, 20:46
Thanks, although i did spend time trawling the archives, i never found that page.
I have a few seminars booked now, so i will hopefully have my questions answered by the horses mouth as they say.
The reason i asked my final question was because times change, and some of the threads can be dated by 6mths or so.