PDA

View Full Version : Alistair McGill

cptjim
2nd May 2006, 16:50
I am deeply saddened to learn the passing of Ex London HEMS Chief pilot, Alistair Mcgill. I have been told he died suddenly whilst playing golf (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The times I met and flew with Alistair he was always very friendly and professional and I know he will be greatly missed. My Sincere condolences go out to his family and close friends

Alistair was with London HEMS from 1996 to 2005.

London's Air Ambulance relies very strongly on public generosity. The service they provide is valuable to everyone in and around the London area. Please take a few minutes of your time to visit their web page.

http://www.hems-london.org.uk/

http://www.etribes.com/sites/etribes.com/files/images/capt_amcgill_0.jpgCaptain Alistair McGill 1951-2006

Rest in Peace

Talk Turn
2nd May 2006, 21:23
Very Sad.

Understand the funeral was today.
Flypast of the current London Air Ambulance requested by the widow.

Fitting for all the work he put in to the service.

Condolences to family.

quichemech
2nd May 2006, 21:53
A great shame.

RIP

902Jon
3rd May 2006, 08:03
The funeral was attended by over 300 people including 50+ past and present HEMS pilots, doctors and paramedics. A much loved and respected man he is survived by his wife Hilly, his 6 year old son Toby and his daughters from his first marriage. I feel very priveliged to have worked with Alistair for nearly 6 years first having him as my line training captain and then as chief pilot.

whoateallthepies
3rd May 2006, 08:17
Shocked to hear about Alistair. I was lucky to meet him a few times when I was flying Air Ambulance in UK and he was an excellent bloke. A great loss to HEMS.

verticalhold
3rd May 2006, 10:47
Had the great pleasure of doing an LPC/IRR with Alistair a few days before his death. His wicked giggle through my headphones every time I got close to banging the limits made a sweaty trip great fun.

He will be missed for so many qualities. The industry will be a far poorer place without him, but heaven will be a lot more fun.