PDA

View Full Version : Help Required for Air Cadet

ATR42300
2nd May 2006, 11:47
Hi

I am involved with a Air Cadet unit where one of our more older cadets is writing up a project on the DHC Beaver, however whilst he can find plenty of info generally he is frustrated in terms of technical and operating detail.

Would anyone have a set of Pilots Notes which could be copied for him, and enable him to complete his project please. Any costs will be refunded.

Many thanks

wub
2nd May 2006, 12:22
Perhaps your cadet could look here

http://www.dhc-2.com/current_cover_page.htm

Pronto
3rd May 2006, 11:42
Has your lad asked the Army Air Corps Museum at Middle Wallop? They have one outside the museum and there is the one with the AAC Historical Flight - as per Mike Jenvey's post.

Regards

P

ATR42300
3rd May 2006, 12:40
Many thanks for that, as I said he was hoping for a set of Pilots Notes to obtain some technical detail as regards its operation in AAC environment.

Visiting AAC Museum is a little problem living here in Manchester, distance and time being connsiderable

Milt
4th May 2006, 04:59
Beavers
Didn't some operate in th Antarctic?
Perhaps some have been to the South Pole in which case the only way to go from there would be North!

AerBabe
4th May 2006, 08:12
Todays Pilot had a large article on the DHC2 a couple of months ago.

Taildragger67
10th May 2006, 11:45
Beavers
Didn't some operate in th Antarctic?
Perhaps some have been to the South Pole in which case the only way to go from there would be North!

There's one still there - Deception Island. The local volcano erupted one day & much covered the runway, trapping it.

yowie
10th May 2006, 12:13
POH
Big engine in strong airframe.
Press red button,start engine(let warm)
Push big lever "throttle" to firewall
Pull back on big wheel
Pull big lever "throttle" back
Pull back on big wheel when ground gets big
The End:}

snips
10th May 2006, 20:21
The Beaver at Deception Island has been removed. I believe its now a at Dehaviland Musem in Hertfordshire
http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/Living_and_Working/Diaries/RRS_Ernest_Shackleton/antarctic2003_2004/27/index.html
But there is an incomplete airframe at the Old Adelaide Island Base (Carvjal for the Chileans)
Cheers
snips
:8