PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY DAYS!!

powdermonkey
2nd May 2006, 09:41
Hi all, just wanted to shout out loud " ALL ATPLs FINISHED!!!!!"
What a relief, it's been a really long year with some very frustrating and depressing moments, but finally it's over and I can concentrate on the flying part. So I just wanted to say that BGS was a massive help, as home study is one very difficult thing to do, and to also wish good luck to all those doing them!
Cheers
Powdermonkey

fonawah
2nd May 2006, 15:58
Many congratulations Powdermonkey.
Im halfway through mod 1 and its hard work with a full time job and a 2 yr old at home!!
I'll get there I know.
Well done to you. Enjoy the flying.:ok:

powdermonkey
2nd May 2006, 16:50
fonawah, best of luck to you, keep going, it's hard but if this kid can do it....
It seems a million miles away when you are on mod1, but I know a number of people who sat exams with me this time who had done all 14 with full-time jobs in 6months. Impressive!! It took me well over a year..... but I didn't fail any on the way. I wish you the very best of luck!
Cheers

Paris Dakar
2nd May 2006, 17:15
Congratulations!

Enjoy your training and good luck at the school of your choice :)

PD

powdermonkey
2nd May 2006, 17:20
Hi Paris Dakar,
Thanks!
Off to OBA on Monday until June, so hopefully all will go well!
Cheers:ok:

sparks-flying
2nd May 2006, 17:53
Well done Powdermonkey!!

Just started Module 1 with BGS this weekend. Seems an awful lot to absorb!!

SF

bolty_1000
3rd May 2006, 02:31
nice one.......ive just finished mine too! got all 14......great relief!!

if you are off to oba to hour build can i assist and point you in the direction of a far better org. in ormond with unlimited use of aircraft??

powdermonkey
3rd May 2006, 06:18
please do bolty_1000..............but it may be a bit late as all is organised for OBA, including the M1 visa for the MEP. Changing now would prove somewhat difficult? I'm all ears all the same.......

Continental Drifter
9th May 2006, 12:50
Well done Powdermonkey - congratulations mate.
Also half way through module one at BGS - it's an awful lot of information to take in. First set of exams in August & working full time with a baby on the way - it's good to be busy(!)
Still not decided on the school afterwards, although it will almost certainly be in the States. Fonawah, maybe see you in Cheddar for the July brush up? I'll be the harassed looking one who's had no sleep;)

rkolomiychenko
9th May 2006, 13:49
Hi Powdermonkey,

Congrats on completeion. Not sure what BGS stands for? I am considering going to Jerez to do my ATPL soon. It sounds like you took the modular route, right?

fonawah
9th May 2006, 19:41
BGS= Bristol Ground School

rkolomiychenko
10th May 2006, 09:27
Thanks Fonawah!!!

Superpilot
12th May 2006, 15:21
Married, kid, full time job!

Glad I'm not the only one fonowah!!!
(except I'm 5 years your junior and even though I've wanted it all my life I think I'm struggling :( ....any tips?)

finalapproach
15th May 2006, 12:05
so go on then Bolty 1000 - what is your recommended alternative to OBA? It sounds promising as I was thinking of going to Floida for hours building.

bolty_1000
15th May 2006, 12:17
I would recommend that you have a look at Sunrise Aviation (http://www.flysunrise.com/) at Ormond Beach.
I have just completed 75 hours with them in 3 weeks with sole use of one of the C152s. (not once was my aircraft double booked or tech). The guys at Sunrise are locals with a wealth of knowledge who are always more than happy to share - be it what the weather is likley to do to showing you the best bars in town!!!!
At a cost of about $60 an hour with no hidden charges and housing right on the beach front in ormond id definatley consider giving them a shout.
I spent weeks trying to decide on where to go to do my hour building and having been to the states flying before then this is definatley one of the better organisations ive seen!!!