PDA

View Full Version : A brand New IR! (Or is it?)

SayItIsntSo
2nd May 2006, 08:34
I have just received my licence back from the Personnel Licensing office of our regulators following the renewal of my medical. My ATPL (H) now tells me that I have been granted an Instrument Rating.

Can’t really recall on which flight that the test took place on, or who the examiner was, but it must have happened because it is in my licence.

Is it wrong of me to use the privileges of the rating that I have been granted even though I have no recollection of the flight test?

mutleyfour
2nd May 2006, 09:03
Free IR rating, say it isnt so?

212man
2nd May 2006, 09:07
What do you think??

It isn't so!

nouseforaname
2nd May 2006, 09:21
Grab someone else's logbook and copy their entries so that it looks like you did all the training. Then find some IR examiner that has sadly passed away in the last few years and put his name down for taking you in the test.

That's what i'd do....i've often thought what I would do if I was in your position, ever before i saw this post.

and the above is what i came up with.

Whirlygig
2nd May 2006, 09:27
Can one have an ATPL(H) without an IR?

Anyway, I would have thought you'd get found out soon enough!

Cheers

Whirls

Aesir
2nd May 2006, 09:36
That´s a bit weird? I thought ATPL alway´s had an IR.

Anyway´s if your sticker in the back "revalidation of ratings" does not have your IR date and validity of skill check what is inside your licence is irrelevant pretty much.

But you must be from elsewhere than JAR & FAA land since i believe the IR is alway´s integrated with the ATPL there?

Stringfellow Dork
2nd May 2006, 09:40
I would have thought you'd get found out soon enough!

And maybe during an accident investigation process following attempted IMC flight...

Thomas coupling
2nd May 2006, 10:14
The JAA ATPL(H) comes with an IR but not necessarily the CAA ATPL(H).

bladepitch
2nd May 2006, 10:37
ive seen what happens when you try to pull a fast one. in the end you will come unstuck and you will pay a heavy price. dont risk doing something your have had no training in.

ascj
2nd May 2006, 11:00
Damn Mr Selfish you beat me to it:}

No no you should send it back, tell them they got it wrong and that it was actually a Grade one instructor rating. then you could start a school in Qld and you don't even have to remember who did the test!:E

TiPwEiGhT
2nd May 2006, 16:57
I was once giving a S61 rating for no reason, however that was quickly corrected after i'd called PLD and thanked them very much for the freebe!

TiP:ok:

Spunk
2nd May 2006, 18:17
As far as I know (I might be wrong though) the JAA ATPL (H) is still based on national air law in some countries. Therefore some countries will issue an ATPL / IR and/or if no IR is existent a so called ATPL VFR.

This is at least what our aviation authority is going to come up with in the near future.:confused: :confused: :confused:

cyclic_fondler
2nd May 2006, 20:19
If the licence has been issued by the CAA, they'll probably charge you for getting the endorsment removed and also try and prosecute you for having unauthorised entries in your Licence !!!

Doc Cameron
2nd May 2006, 21:43
A colleague of mine was granted the additional privilege of an ATPL/A, on renewing his CAA ATPL/H/! Mine having cost close to Ł20,000, I felt a small pang of jealousy.