PDA

View Full Version : Citation rating

flyingmogul
1st May 2006, 20:29
Anyone able to give me a contact for a citation rating?

Thanks

Checkrevs
2nd May 2006, 17:04
Give 21 Sqn Training Officer a call.... 012 672 3696

Slingshot
4th May 2006, 22:33
Hi,

I recommend that you do a C560 (V) course, more opertunities worldwide.

Program Category: Pilot - Fixed Wing
Program Group: Corporate
Manufacturer: CESSNA CITATION
Aircraft: CITATION V
Learning Center: Paris/Le Bourget Learning Center
Course Title: Initial/Transition/Upgrade--12-day course
Cost: 12,000 USD

For more info go to www.flightsafety.com

Cheers

:ok:

Deskjocky
5th May 2006, 10:56
Question, if you do a rating through a organisation like flightsafety overseas does the SACAA recognise it or are there approved centres for this type of thing?

Margarita
5th May 2006, 11:41
I think that Simuflite at Dallas may be a bit cheaper than Flight Safety. Both are good and can be approved by any CAA. Paris FSI had lot of complaints from crews lately. FSI at Farnborough UK should be also operational on Citation training as well if you don't like to go USA.

saywhat
5th May 2006, 17:00
Bit difficult to help with little info. Do you need an instructor or a/c & instructor

flyingmogul
5th May 2006, 17:10
I'm not sure of exactly what is required, thought I'd speak to someone with more info. I may have an aircraft, need an instructor/DE if not the same person and wish to find out what else I need?

THanks

saywhat
7th May 2006, 08:23
You need an A/C. If its your first turbine or twin, you must be signed out by a DE. If not then any Citation rated GR 11 will do. You need lots of money to pay for the A/C and the instructor. Lastly, you need a job to follow, as there are very few Citations in the country.

Which Citation rating are you after? 1, 2 or 5?? They are all different designators. (500, 550, 560)

Q4NVS
7th May 2006, 08:41
Initial Turbine?

You do not need a DE, just an Instructor with Turbo Propeller/Jet Endorsement on specific aircraft.:ok:

B200Drvr
7th May 2006, 11:36
DeskJockey.
Yes the SACAA do accept types done at formal training centers, it however does not work the other way around. Most will not accept a "sign out" done in SA.