PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch Co-ordinator Assessment Test

Travelstops
30th Apr 2006, 17:58
Hi
I have a Station Operations Assessment Test on Wednesday for a Dispatch Co-ordinators job at Heathrow. The test includes arithmetic, problem solving and solving mathmatical patterns. Has anyone taken these tests and could let me know what to expect?
Does anyone know which would be a better company to work for as a dispatcher at LHR - either Servisair or Aviance? How do the pay, conditions, shifts and prospects compare at the two companies?
Can anyone let me know what Servisair is like to work for now that they have become Penauille Servisair. Is it much the same as when they were Globe Ground?
Thanks for your help

charlady1
2nd May 2006, 17:48
dont understand how mathematical patterns will help you find 20 dispatchers for flights when you only have five on site!!!
or which airline do you bounce your dispatcher off when you have delays, etc etc, are you an experienced dispatcher?:}

Travelstops
2nd May 2006, 19:03
Hi
Unfortunately I'm not an experienced dispatcher, I'm currently a ramp agent trying to get a dispatcher job.
Which company has the shortage of dispatchers that you are referring to?

older_wiser
3rd May 2006, 10:25
I have nearly 10 years as a dispatcher/ load controller etc and fail to see how the test involved will help you in a day to day dispatch role, i would have thought proven experience would be more beneficial.

older_wiser
3rd May 2006, 10:34
Char_lady :

Are you saying the GAH who are setting these tests are 20 Dispatchers short at LHR ?

Travelstops
3rd May 2006, 17:09
The jobs are with Servisair and I think there are 10 vacancies. Is this the comapany you are referring to above?

older_wiser
3rd May 2006, 19:57
Travelstops.
I know who the vacancies are with and i know why they are recruiting.
Just wasn't aware of how many they actually wanted.
It is also likely to become a merry go round at Lhr soon with terminal realignment etc.

However you must be pleased at getting a test if you have no experience as i was under the impression they were looking for experienced dispatchers ??

older_wiser
3rd May 2006, 20:20
Travelstops :

A friend of mine who worked for Servisair / globeground etc said that part of the interview is a manual load sheet, not sure if that is still the case or if that is needed for the position advertised ?;)