PDA

View Full Version : Who is "Global Aviation"??

ccman
30th Apr 2006, 14:41
Heard this name alot, also read it in a couple of threads on this site. Anyone got more info?? Are they the guys with the "dying" DC10's at JNB???

Heard they are leasing DC9 to SA Express? Is this the same company as Executive Aerospace, or did they change their name?

ccman
2nd May 2006, 03:21
Is this the same company that has ties with Murad Ismail? or is it different?

Jamex
2nd May 2006, 09:13
Global Aircraft Leasing or GAL is not affiliated to Executive Aerospace or Muraad Ismael from Interlink. It seems they are involved in a court case with each other regarding a high profile government charter Interlink undertook using one of GAL's DC10's which was not airworthy. Muraad is now blaming GAL which is strange as he was an inspector for the then DCA now CAA! Should have known better but typical if you know him. I dont know who is suing who. Global owns the three "vrekked" DC10-10's at Johannesburg International and also were the company who leased and then backed out from the GETRA deal in Equatorial Guinea. The one in December where the cabin attendants were kept hostage in EG. The MD is Jonathan Rosensweig. They have some connection with a company in the United States who buy up aircraft from defunct companies to scrap but then sends what they would consider airworthy aircraft to SA to lease to African airlines.

ccman
3rd May 2006, 04:00
"and also were the company who leased and then backed out from the GETRA deal in Equatorial Guinea. The one in December where the cabin attendants were kept hostage in EG."

Are the crew still there, or were they released??

"scrap but then sends what they would consider airworthy aircraft to SA to lease to African airlines."

Heard from someone in prime circles that the aircraft that backed out of EG had some fusalage damage in Douala incurred by a piece of ground equipment. GAL appaprently flew this aircraft in EG for months on end with a temporary repair to the hole in the back. Rumour has it the aircraft was only repaired once it returned to SA. Now this is only speculation and i do not know the truth around this. I pressume SA CAA would not have an issue with this repair, otherwise the aircraft would have been grounded.

"Global Aircraft Leasing or GAL is not affiliated to Executive Aerospace or Muraad Ismael from Interlink."

According to a thread on this network, Executive is leasing 3 aircraft from GAL to fly for SAX??

Muraad used Global to fly his "government navy contract" with a HS125. Also to fly illegal immigrants to Malawi and all-over. I do not believe they were not connected since this owner of Global and Muraad flew together on some trips, Navy contract.

But of course, only a rumour.