PDA

View Full Version : Try your best to be nice

kar200
30th Apr 2006, 13:19
Good day everyone

Let me introduce myself to everyone here first i am a male 26 years old and new migrant in australia "I have been here since 8 months now"

I hold a Cpl-IR and a frozen ATPL from another country and i have gone through all the paper work with CASA to get a conversion of my CPL in australia but i applied in october for the ASIC and Photo Id license and I got the ASIC just a week ago

I have put my conversion in stand by for the moment until i sort out some other stuff i have in my life

now my question is simple if anyone can help

Do you think i will waist my time by doing this conversion and expect a job after that as apparently in the CASA website they say ther is 14000 unemployed pilot or working in another field in australia and also just by looking at this website i dont get much hope

That was my questions guys and thx for reading and by the way for those who wants to tell me that i should have stayed on my home country or that theres too many pilots in here so why am i looking for that i just wanna say that I already know that and that ansd thx anyway

Take care everyone

rmcdonal
30th Apr 2006, 13:30
It sort of depends on how many hrs you have, and how deep into Australia you wish to travel.

Tempo
30th Apr 2006, 21:03
Although I have been out of GA for a few years now-it seems that there is plenty of work out there for people willing to relocate themselves out of the larger cities of Australia (Sydney, Melbourne etc). There will always be many 'unemployed pilots' on the CASA register but remember, many choose not to seek employment after gaining their CPL or many limit their employment opportunities by refusing to relocate themselves to where the work is. Good luck with your conversion and remember, Australia is a big country and their is plenty of flying out there if you want it.

maxgrad
30th Apr 2006, 23:26
How motivated are you?
How prepared are you to live in places that are considered by some as 3rd world?
Is your attitude to flying and to all around you going to create a favourable impression?
How motivated are you?

Many, many people have trod this same path prior and done well. Others haven't due to a thousand reasons.

If the goal is truly what you want, you will find a way.

OpsNormal
1st May 2006, 00:15
How motivated are you?
....If the goal is truly what you want, you will find a way.

That's very "Zen" for you max. How you going with all dat waddah?:}

Howard Hughes
1st May 2006, 01:36
I can attest to the fact that if you don't leave the big cities you won't find a job unless you are very, very lucky. Once I moved to where the jobs were I had one within a couple of weeks and have'nt looked back since. Everyone I know who has made the trek to where the jobs are has also found work.

Good luck, HH.:ok:

TurboOtter
1st May 2006, 02:12
KAr 200,
Welcome to Aus Aviation, Yes there are plenty of flying jobs out there, but you will notice one big thing, there is more money and better flying conditions else where in this big world. Aus operators don't pay or treat there drivers as well, why cause Aussie drivers have sold themselves cheap for so long now.

kar200
1st May 2006, 06:14
Hello again everyone and thx a lot for all the replies

I am happy to hear that there is jobs out there around Australia and I knew that i had to relocate myself somwhere else but sydney "where i am living at the moment with my wife"

I forgot to mention that I am a low houred pilot "150 hours single "tb-10, archer, warrior" and "50 hours twin engine PA-44 seminole" and "60 hours simulator"

The thing with my conversion is that it took me so long to just get the approuval from CASA to start the conversion and also i probably paid around $4000 already and i havent started yet "books,class 1 medical,CASA paperwork and all the rest like a couple of flights to just to get familiar to the procedures at bankstown airport"

I know I probably dont seem really motivated although I am still but thinking that i will have to spend probably another 5000 and not be sure of getting a job in that...

and as TurboOtter said which is sad really is that a lot of operators will not pay as much as what you need "needless to say as much as what you deserve" and this is happening all around the world when you see all these guys paying big bucks to get type rated so why would the operators bother anymore if they know that they might easly find someone to hire for free nowadays

So thx guys again for all your replies and it still gives me a little hope about this aviation that i started with passion that is fading slowly with time

thx for listening and for being nice and i have been keeping this for myslef and if you have a look around this forum you diont see much hope "guys with 1000hours considering themselves as low houred pilot struggling for a job"

take care everyone and have a good day

maxgrad
1st May 2006, 09:18
NT, FNQ, WA top bit.
Low hour drivers can and do find work.
Try Mustering on a station, more to the job than just flying and hours may or may not be slow but might be worth it

aircabbie
2nd May 2006, 02:47
14,000 unemployed pilots , though there are a large portion of these guys/girls that choose to be out of the industry ! due to resons such as family , poor pay ect . Mate the best flying i think you will do in Aus is out back in the sticks , there are heaps of jobs out there , but you gotta be prepared to travel to get , alot of guys go to KNX ( kunnunura WA ) or to the stations ,bird scaring on vine yards OR get an instructor rating and stay in the cities . good luck with it , and welcome down under all the best ..