PDA

View Full Version : SAR Question

sarmanontheline
30th Apr 2006, 12:07
Can anyone tell me what stretchers are in use in SAR around the world apart from the good old basket????
Looking for a lifting stretcher that has a full spinal rating anyone out there got any ideas, oh and it would be good if it was light too!!!
Hope its not to much to ask for in this day and age!:ok:

DanglyBob
2nd May 2006, 23:55
I'm guessing you might already know this, but HMCG use a Troll Alphin stretcher for their ground troops. This is foldable, reasonably lightweight and rated for Helo lifting.

Juan Smore
3rd May 2006, 08:10
Worth a look are the following from Lifesaving Systems Corp based in Florida (www.lifesavingsystems.com):

#406 Medevac Litter - Although a basket, it breaks in half for stowage, weighs about 40lb and is pretty stable when empty on the end of the wire. They also do a titanium version which is half the weight.

#402 Medevac Litter - A basketless litter.

#450 Medevac Board - Two piece spinal board.

All the above are in widespread use with the USCG and USN.

Hope this helps.

Ray Stawynch
3rd May 2006, 09:30
Just echoing Juan's post regarding the Medevac Litter - cracking piece of kit which folds down in half for easy storage. Counter weight on bottom and flotation at head end of stretcher so if Cas & WM end up in the oggin Cas' head should stay out of the water.

sarboy99
8th May 2006, 06:50
Try the Titan Ti Split, made from titanium - very light and folds in half.

sarmanontheline
8th May 2006, 14:15
Thanks for all the feedback. But I think it has been lost in what I am looking for spinal rated stretcher that can be lifted with its own harness i.e paraguard or BCI with a spinal rating..
Cheers lads anyway
What are CG UK and RN/RAF etc using???:ok: