PDA

View Full Version : DIVING INFO FOR MALAYSIA KL

Trust
30th Apr 2006, 03:47
I will be traveling to Kuala Lumpur twice next months (MAY) for 3 days at the time. Could you give me some info on some dive places I could visit near KL, as I rather do not fly, as this will restrict my diving? So anything I could go to by land transport. Maybe stay for a couple of days before returning
I have a Padi Advance diving license.
Thank you for your help.:)
Regards

DutyFree
30th Apr 2006, 06:28
I don't dive myself, but friend does, location names of tioman and redang in east coast of west malaysia, sepadak (check spelling) in east malaysia are mentioned often, also suggest to check local dive shops in KL for ideal location.

ASIAN FROG
30th Apr 2006, 06:58
you have also the very famous "Ko LIPPE" a small thai island nearby Langkawi that you can access from Langkawi (See the Thai consulate in Langkawi). Agreement between Malaysia and Thailand for tourism management is on the way. Do not know the very last situation. At least 4 or 5 diving schools on this tiny island.

Cross Check
30th Apr 2006, 14:33
Langkawi Divers Club up in Langkawi, and also over Kuala Terengganu way there is Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian, and Pulau Redang Lang - several "resorts" over there ranging from budget (but good value) to expensive. AK will get you to TGG on the cheap - won't waste your time driving then. Have been up there round this time of year - the weather is pretty good, turbidity a little high some days though.

aka320
30th Apr 2006, 15:50
Trust,
Not much places around KL which allow you to do the diving,the nearest will take you atleast 4-8 hour of travelling by land and maybe 1hour on the boat ride to the island.
For divers tioman,redang and perhentian is the best place to dive here in east coast,if in east Malaysia,sipadan is the best..
flight to east coast will take you around 55minute,land transfer to the jetty around 1hour and 1hour++on the boat ride..if by land transport it take you around 8hour to east coast..
If to sipadan in east malaysia,flight time around 2hour45min to sandakan or tawau,land transfer around 1 1/2hour and boat ride around 2hour..
other place will be in penang and langkawi,land transfer take you around 4-5hour and boat ride around 1 1/2hour..
"do remember the limitation,don't put yourself into unnassary trouble"
I use to be diver before i become a pilot... :)

Regards,